Skip to main content

1937 International Ute

More
14 years 6 months ago #16839 by mars
1937 International Ute was created by mars
Hello,

This is my first involvement with this forum and I need some good advice. We have on our property a 1937 International Ute, it has been there for years,on earlier enquiries I was told it was of particular interest to the American market as the Aust delivered Utes had a hard top unlike their local product which had a soft top. I have received various values and would like some idea as to its worth. As far as I can see all major components are their and in very good condition, certainly the woodwork needs replacing and the wheels are all but gone, it has some bullet holes in the tail gate and the rear guards have a few dents but as I said in very good condition apart from that, must be the dry air.

I look forward to any advice or contact to discuss and help with my enquiry.

Thanks, Mars

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16840 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
G'day Mars,
Welcome to the forum. I'm no expert, but assuming it's not a goer, I'd say your ute is worth little more than scrap value. That's not to say you shouldn't put it up for sale to see what the interest level is, but keep your expectations low. Even if it's rare and desirable, there is a lot of money to be spent between dragging the vehicle off your property and having a nice shiny show piece, so there won't be a lot of money in the kitty for the initial purchase price.

good luck

Dennis

More
14 years 6 months ago #16841 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
So.... how far is Mars from the rest of the world????

EMNTK ;D

/me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16842 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
Why isn`t it mandatory to put where your from?Is everyone worried ASIO is going to catch up with them?I had Mr Asia living next door and they never found him.

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16843 by
Replied by on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
I've picked up plenty of half-wrecked vintage utes and cars off farms in the last 35 years, and never paid more than $300 for anything.

I bought a 1932 Ford Model B V8 4-door tourer, that was 98% complete for $200, and I only got $600 for it, when I sold it .. to a bloke who begged for it, as he was restoring the exact same car.

I got a 1930 Model A coupe for $50. The 1930 Model A coupe (Australian-built) is one of the rarest cars in Australia.
It had had a fire in it, it was totally without a drivetrain, and was full of bullet holes.

I swapped it with a mate for a Chevvy of similar vintage, because he was a Ford man, and needed the Model A coupe to complete his collection of .. wait for it .. 45 vintage Fords.
He spent about $15,000-$20,000 on it, to restore it, to as-new condition (in the early 1980's). It might be worth $30,000 now, 25 years later.

The Yanks want our cars alright, but they want them for scrap value, because it costs a fortune to ship them to the U.S. .. where they can ask a bigger fortune for them, of course .. :)

I'd say the Inter is worth around $500-750, maybe $1000 if you have a really keen collector.
I have a 1931 Chev roadster, unrestored (another extremely rare car), and when I put it up for sale a few years back, the best offer I got after weeks of advertising, was $1000.

It will cost at least $10,000, and up to $15,000 to restore the Inter .. and at the end of the day, when it's fully restored, it will be worth $15,000 .. :'(

This following bloke has collected up a large number of Aussie utes and cars, and shipped them to Texas ..where he asks big $$'s for them.
I'd say his profit margin isn't huge, because of the enormous cost of shipping them halfway around the world.

www.petesclassiccars.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #16844 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
Number 1 ,one track,I see stuff in that ATHS book that seems cheap compared to here,bearing in mind that it isn`t here.
I don`t know how many times I`ve heard someone say that`s a rare machine,and people automatically think it`s worth heaps.I think your actually very conservative at $15,000 for a bit of a resto.You can start at $15,000 for a reasonable paint job if the vehicle doesn`t require to many repairs.
It really depends on weather the owner is sentimental or not.If they would like to see the vehicle preserved the buying price is nothing compared to the cost of restoration.Weather they are sentimental or not,the value is really only equal to the going rate of scrap,with a small margin for someone who may have fallen in love with the thing.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16845 by Steve.L
Replied by Steve.L on topic Re: 1937 International Ute
Any chance of a photo?

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds