Skip to main content

Mad Max 4 Goss

More
14 years 6 months ago #16846 by monty
Mad Max 4 Goss was created by monty
Hi Fellas,

well i have some goss for you blokes, i met a bloke yesterday that has sold two of his macks to the film makers for mad max 4. but i think that puppy will be a bit disappointed that he cant get his hands on this flintstone. the other truck was a R Model tow truck as well. so stay tuned.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16847 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
I trust the nice old Flintstone and the R model, aren't going to be in a head-on at 100mph .. with a couple of kilos of PE added for good effect .. just to entertain people .. :'(

Some of these film-makers need to lined up and shot, for what they do to good vintage machines. I can't watch Bonnie & Clyde again, it makes me weep to see those classics pranged and bent and written off ..

More
14 years 6 months ago #16848 by monty
Replied by monty on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Onetrack, the bloke that sold the newer model R said that it will not be written off, but thats what they always say just to get a deal. dont know the fate of the old flintstone.
He was very sentimental about the Newer R, it had done some 1.5MK on a two valve 300 and now has a 4 valve in her, did not ow him anything, would pull a roadtrain with out any problems, he would rock up to a job and blokes would under estimate the old girl, then they would have to eat their words.

-Monty

More
14 years 6 months ago #16849 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Sadly, I don't think we'll recognise the old girls after the end of filming.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 6 months ago #16850 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Hope that they don't buy the old Deutz that Huppster was after, he'd have a heartattack :o :o :o

Some play hard to get

More
14 years 6 months ago #16851 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
might get him motivated to do something ;)

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 6 months ago - 14 years 6 months ago #16852 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Bruce,it isn`t as if he didn`t have first dibs on the thing
I reckon Andy is on the money,I havn`t seen a Mad Max film that promotes the preservation of old vehicles.
Last edit: 14 years 6 months ago by bigcam.

More
14 years 6 months ago #16853 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
I think a Crusader is the latest pie in the sky. Joe, I hope you prove us wrong one of these days.

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

More
14 years 6 months ago #16854 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Ironically, If the truck survive the filming and if the film succeeds the trucks will probaly be worth omore inthe film clothes than their woring ones as collectables.

A few years ago there was the black petrol tanker at the HCVC Display Day (the last one at AFL PArk before it was converted to housing). It caused a few members of the public to stop and pay to come in the gate

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

14 years 6 months ago #16855 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mad Max 4 Goss
Bprao,

And I think from memory that particular truck you are mentioning was only in a small australian children's TV show!

Time to create page: 0.511 seconds