Skip to main content

British Fargo - dodge ,bedford what year???

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175636 by Rustin Cash
Hello the members,
I have just recently joined the club, and it looks like a fun site , heaps of old cars and trucks & events to catch up to.
I recently purchase a badged british fargo , and I am finding it hard to get information regarding the year and history of the truck model
Its a KEW built truck Bedford related I think?
4 cylinder I think?
I have not received it yet still in freight
I can't find may pictures on this model
and the Vin number makes no sense
I would like to find out what year the truck is and some history on the model
Regards Grant

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by IHScout. Reason: Click insert to make the picture appear in the post

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175643 by Zuffen
Bedfords were built by General Motors and Dodge and Fargo were built by Chrysler.

That may help your searching.

You're looking for a DODGE or FARGO.

The only difference between the two vehicles is the FARGO was built in Canada and exported (mostly CKD) to British Commonwealth Nations as Canada had import duty concessions that America didn't have so FARGO trucks were either cheaper or more profitable fro Chrysler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rustin Cash

More
7 years 6 months ago #175645 by Claire
Hi Rustin, have you read this link, seems that your truck has been around the circuit before. Good lock with it, I'm doing a 1948 Austin K2 and parts are few and far between, especially brakes! $2000 for a refurb on them alone.
TOPIC: British Fargo - Please help me ID this truck

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175648 by Thunder Down Under
I'd say it is a British Dodge Kew. Pre WW II.

TDU
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Thunder Down Under.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175657 by Rustin Cash
Gday Zuffin , isn't history interesting especially vehicle history, thanks for the info.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175658 by Rustin Cash
cool got any pics of your truck . mine is arriving tomorrow.

More
7 years 6 months ago #175659 by Rustin Cash
cheers I have a search and see what I can find

More
7 years 6 months ago #175679 by Rob W
Good Day Rustin Cash,

Your British Fargo is based on the British (UK) built Dodge Major. These truck were released sometime in the late 1930's & were still in production after WWII before the "Pidgeon Faced" Dodge came with the cab that Leyland & Ford used.

I'd say that your truck is a post WWII model but I could wrong, the pre' WWII models had different head lights.

In Australia Fargos were generally sold by Plymouth Dealers, Dodge Dealers sold Dodge Trucks & DeSoto Dealers sold Desoto Trucks, up until about 1959.

Most Chrysler products sold in Australia from the late 1920's to the late 1950's were mechanically sourced from Canada.

Chrysler had a reasonable sized manufactoring set up in the UK from the mid 1920's on wards until about the late 70's.

If you search Dodge Major UK, Britain or England you should find some information.

These particular models are pretty scarce. A mate of mine picked one up about 10 years ago and it was the first one I'd seen.

Dodge AT4-7D Series Model 775, 1971 VH Valiant Ute,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rustin Cash

More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #175695 by Rustin Cash
I received the old girl today , super straight with nearly no rust, motor is a 6 cylinder and turn over by hand . yet to start her

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by IHScout. Reason: Click insert to make the picture appear in the post

More
7 years 6 months ago #175697 by Mrsmackpaul
now its home the fun really begins
my advice for what its not worth get it going and drivable before you get real keen and start pulling to much apart , a lot of us (me included) have big dreams and end up with a big pile of bits LOL

heaps of fun ahead of you by the looks of it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds