Skip to main content

Scientific Explanation Required

More
6 years 1 week ago #193084 by cliffo
What is the reason that 90% of nuts, bolts,spanners etc when dropped end up under the vehicle and just about in the centre where it is the hardest to retrieve them. There must be some explanation as it happens far too many times to be chance...... does it only happen to me for some reason

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago #193086 by Lang
I figure it is because you are facing the centre while working and drop the nut/spanner etc in front of you towards the middle of the vehicle.

Have you noticed while laying on a trolley under the middle of the vehicle any dropped nuts will shoot off into the workshop . Once again away from you.

Maybe tools and nuts have a positive charge and are repelled by the natural human positive charge (like charges repel). I wonder if gloomy, negative people have nuts always drop at their feet?

Lang

More
6 years 1 week ago #193087 by jon_d
Code:
I wonder if gloomy, negative people have nuts always drop at their feet?

I reckon they'd be pretty proud if their nuts dropped...... oh never mind.

More
6 years 1 week ago #193088 by Dodgeydude
Clearly the angle of the dangle influences the magnetic plasma of the inertia mass. Easy :blink:

Many useful things fall off trucks
Attachments:

More
6 years 1 week ago #193091 by Dave_64
Yeah? And while your about it, how about explaining the amount of crap you accumulate in your shed being in direct proportion to the space available???

More
6 years 1 week ago #193101 by cliffo
Thanks Dodgeydude.....could follow it but got lost in the last calculation or two

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
6 years 1 week ago #193102 by Swishy
Here tiz

LOL

cya

ยง

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
6 years 1 week ago #193115 by Eddy
'tis Murphy's Law ... simples ..

Be it firearms or V8 engines, the question is not "why should you have them?"
, but "who are you to demand that I justify them?"

More
6 years 1 week ago #193122 by Southbound
When I work on modern crap and drop a spanner it gets stuck half way down! They fill up all the holes in the engine bay nowadays!

I'd rather have tools that I don't need, than not have the tools I do need.

More
6 years 1 week ago #193124 by Blackduck59
Southy I will second that, changed a thermostat on a Holden Cruze diesel. Dropped one of the bolts, could not see or feel it.
Thankfully had a magnet on a flexible shaft that managed to extract it after a lot of poking around.
Warning to anyone wanting to do a thermostat on one of these, you start by pulling the whole front clip/bumper off, then you can just see the thermostat housing and Holden used those lovely spring hose clamps. Whole job is basically done by feel.
Cheers Steve

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds