Mismatched Duals

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 months ago #20683 by Swishy
Mismatched Duals was created by Swishy

Here'z sum info I lifted off BigMackTruck Site

'Running two tires of different circumference, diameter, or tread depth in a dual assembly is a sure-fire way to kill two tires for the price of one.'

CliknHereWillGetchaThere
www.truckinginfo.com/news/news-detail.asp?news_id=68946

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20684 by HeyCharger
Replied by HeyCharger on topic Re: Mismatched Duals

Here'z sum info I lifted off BigMackTruck Site

And just what were you doing infiltrating a MACK website?? ;)
At one stage I had larger (newer) tyres on the rear axle and older (less tread) on the front axle of the bogie. WRONG!
I learnt that this put a constant load/force on the power divider. So I soon rearranged the tyres.

Proud owner of;
1948 Massey Harris 44K.
1946 Ford Semi-Trailer Bus.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20685 by GM Diesel
Replied by GM Diesel on topic Re: Mismatched Duals
Those who have operated the percieved quality imported Lorries from the motherland know all about mismatched tyres.
See how far you get on a hot day with a Foden with odd sizes side to side or axle to axle.

Interesting info Swish-O-Matic...Ta

Basil

GM Diesels - Converting diesel into noise since 1938.

More
14 years 3 months ago #20686 by mercskeepmeinajob
I remember on a monday morning in about 1993, 17 years ago (where has the time gone?) I had a problem with a Mack B dub tipper with a hell of a noise coming from it, I went out to Aratula to pick it up while it was loaded and brought it back to Bris. While driving along under load the whole truck would jump slightly but make one hell of a banging noise, as i was on the phone to the owners, I held the phone down to the gearbox so they could hear it for themselves. It went and unloaded and came back to the workshop.
I got the guys to pull the diffs and gearbox out, but didn't find much wrong, (fortunately) wasn't till later in the day when we had another truck towed in for a blown compressor, the driver of that one told us that the dogs in the Mack divider don't like having different thongs on between axles, and guess what Bridgestone had done the previous Saturday! Can't say I have forgotten that one! :-[ Top site, congratulations, have been enjoying reading for a while now and decided to join.

14 years 3 months ago #20687 by
Replied by on topic Re: Mismatched Duals
I know this is out of left fleid but what about a brick stuck in the dauls they make a lot of noise. Dave

More
14 years 3 months ago #20688 by wombat 46
Replied by wombat 46 on topic Re: Mismatched Duals
interesting dave,
I was at a job site last november when a tipper had just dropped off some sand. As he pulled out i noticed a concrete block between the rear tyres.
The site had that shaker grid with 100 concrete pieces to rid the tyres of mud etc.
I was able to stop him and remove the block.
wombat

Time to create page: 0.468 seconds