Skip to main content

interstate by Bedford,it made it !!

More
14 years 3 months ago #21014 by kennymopar2
it looks a nice little rig . . well done and congratulations on a eventful road trip that finally made it to your front door

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 months ago #21015 by
Cribby you are now able to join a VERY rare club called T.I.B.M.H.H.C.welcome aboard mate. Dave

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 3 months ago #21016 by Swishy

RE: T.I.B.M.H.H.C. ??

?

?

So This Is Bedphord Motor'z Hanswer to Horseless Carriage !

WotSayU

LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

14 years 3 months ago - 14 years 3 months ago #21017 by
T.I.B.M.H.H.C.? .. Totally Insane, Bedford Mad Hatters & Helpers Club?? .. ;D ;D ;D

Cribby - Was that 78kmh, the speed at which the tailshaft wobble became unbearable? .. or the speed at which the 214 started to sound like she was ready to throw a rod?? .. ;D

I've found it's an excellent idea to check all oils before starting a long trip with a rig that hasn't been used in a while. Bedford diffs have a nasty habit of running low on oil, the bolts that hold the carrier to the housing always seem to come loose .. and the oil leaks out very slowly over a long period of time .. :'(

More
14 years 3 months ago #21018 by cribotow
well actually 78 was very comfortable before i stuffed the diff,i know more about beddy diffs now ;D and when under pressure you can check everything but you will miss one thing, and it will fail at some stage,the box and engine were overfull hence this was the extra oil that should have been in the diff ;D...nows who's got j model bedford stuff laying around??????? 8-)

&&Grasp

14 years 3 months ago #21019 by
T.I.B.M.H.H.C. dont have any diffs sitting in the club rooms at moment but try Midlands wreckers they every thing well thats what sarge says ;D. Dave

More
14 years 3 months ago #21020 by mammoth
gearbox overfull? sounds like a case of rainwater or condensate getting in and sinking to bottom

More
14 years 3 months ago #21021 by cribotow
yes one possibility, but was on hill and not much come out and the truck was from Parkes where did the rain come from???????? ;D ;D would have handy if it rained in the diff ;D not to worry one new pinion bearing and seal and we be back in action ;D

&&Grasp

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds