Skip to main content

Vacuum loss on Lorry

More
4 years 4 months ago #205361 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Vacuum loss on Lorry
If working alone,its IMHO,easier to back bleed the brakes......pump into the wheel bleeders so the fluid and air ends up in either booster or master cylinder......make your own pump from a spray bottle,or get one of the outdoor surfsce spray kits ,use the poison,and then rehash the lines to suit brakes.....This is the easy way to do little jap truck clutches ,where only a child can fit in the cab.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rattail 1927

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205363 by JOHN.K.
There is another way ,I call it the lazymans way,simply fill the master cyl to the very top,then go round the bleeders letting some air out ,just a few bubbles,go round the truck once a day ......never touch the pedal,that aerates the fluid ,and youll never get the brakes bled.......check and top up the master cyl,this should be going down noticeably.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205365 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic Vacuum loss on Lorry

JOHN.K. wrote: If working alone,its IMHO,easier to back bleed the brakes......pump into the wheel bleeders so the fluid and air ends up in either booster or master cylinder......make your own pump from a spray bottle,or get one of the outdoor surfsce spray kits ,use the poison,and then rehash the lines to suit brakes.....This is the easy way to do little jap truck clutches ,where only a child can fit in the cab.

I do my jap trucks this way only using a large syringe

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
4 years 4 months ago #205366 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Vacuum loss on Lorry
I find this interesti ng the different ways to do the same thing. Swishman suggests to go to the closest bleed nipple first and Pa always taught me to go to the furthest first. I have no clue as to why, so that is what I have always done.

Now I'm curious a to a reason which one is best and why?

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205368 by Rattail 1927
Replied by Rattail 1927 on topic Vacuum loss on Lorry
Thanks John. , I have a kit with a hose for the nipple and as u pump it pulls fluid and air ? I pulled the fluid to far and now I cannot seem to get any fluid from the master cylinders..... if you need ur brakes bled don’t pick me lol

More
4 years 4 months ago #205369 by Rattail 1927
I didn’t back bleed them, that’s sounds great, I’ll give it a try, it might get the canisters working again

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #205379 by JOHN.K.
The truck you got the motor from has air boosted Girling dual cylinder,and if you try to bleed that with air pressure in the system,the double plunger setup is damaged and parts have to be replaced....If you bought the whole truck,make sure you get the whole brake setup from it.....Somewhere Ive got a air boosted setup from a Leyland that was stainless lined and never used .....Its the earlier Girling with cast in tank,the IH one has the two plastic bottles mounted on the cylinder.........all that truck hyd brake stuff is very expensive,Jap stuff more so........the little Bendix booster from the CD 1840 Cummins is the size of a peach tin,and used to be $1000 exchange in 1975.
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by JOHN.K..

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
4 years 4 months ago #205382 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Vacuum loss on Lorry
FWIW

RE: Bleed furtherest 1st or last !!

me think n the jury B stihl out on this one

many say furtherest 1st
a few say furthest last

the really old master cylinders had a bleeder @ the out put line
Guess n ..... any way U can ..... git er dun

cya

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #205385 by Rattail 1927
This subject is getting messy, I don’t know which is directly aimed at me or cobba .... just while im here my truck is a little acco 610 brakes are vacuum and I’m doing nothing but making a mess with brake fluid lol
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Rattail 1927.

More
4 years 4 months ago #205386 by JOHN.K.
Thats the beauty of back bleeding...you dont waste gallons of brake fluid.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds