Skip to main content

Seat belts

More
4 years 3 months ago #206063 by Guido
Seat belts was created by Guido
Have sn international d1510 frpm march 79. Does anyone know what seatbelts they were fitted with.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #206066 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Seat belts
More than likely none.

Good and easy to fit inertia reel belts are available in cheap kits from Super Cheap/REPCO etc.

Lang

More
4 years 3 months ago #206067 by Guido
Replied by Guido on topic Seat belts
Thanks. The main issue is someone previously replaced the seats with xf falcon bench which only has part seat belt fittings and there is no where to anchor in the nre cab which is off a dodge 575

More
4 years 3 months ago #206068 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic Seat belts
With the Super Cheap kit it is easy to put a bolt through the floor with a backing plate or large washer for the bottom mounts. If you have mounts on the seat you are ahead of the game.

The shoulder mounts can be either drilled and a nut or threaded plate welded to the pillar but I get around that by drilling the pillar right through from the outside and putting a neat cup-head bolt right through the whole thing. I have done this on many vehicles and the cup-head on the pillar looks like it was meant to be there.

In theory they should be blue-plated but I figure anything is better than nothing. I very much doubt any inspection station will pick up that they are not original.

Lang

More
4 years 3 months ago #206071 by wee-allis
Replied by wee-allis on topic Seat belts
You can buy the "through the pillar or cab wall mounting bolts" as a kit. The outside part is the nut which comes as a crush tube or spacer and are legal fitment, but technically should be installed by a licenced installer. Fitted many myself, but have never had them "certified" nor had any knocked back.

More
4 years 3 months ago #206074 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Seat belts
Hi,

this company in Ballarat Victoria can custom make belts for you, even in the old school materials, and they have off the shelf stuff as well.

www.hemco.com.au/seatbelt-division/index.php/seatbelts

Terry

More
4 years 3 months ago #206077 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic Seat belts
My D1310 ex PMG had seat belts fitted ....as the coppers told me the first day they were compulsory in Qld.The coppers asked me if they were functioning.......I stupidly said yes,and got a ticket.....if i said no ,the coppers couldnt ticket me ,just advise me to get them fixed in the introductory period.

More
4 years 3 months ago #206143 by Oilman
Replied by Oilman on topic Seat belts
I have been advised by a mate that is registering his truck in VIC after a tidy up that he has to fit seat belts for RWC and that this is a relatively new requirement. I have been searching the internet and can't find anything on this topic. I found VICROADS VSI 21 on what vehicles need seatbelts and it hasn't been updated since 2000 and still says those made after a date in 1977. I wasn't planning to fit them, and not sure how I would go doing it in the plastic cab Atkinson anyway. Anyone know anything about this?

1975 Atkinson, 180HP 6LXB Gardner, RTO910, 34000lb Rockwell on camelback
The following user(s) said Thank You: Southbound

More
4 years 3 months ago #206183 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Seat belts
As far as I know if it didn't come with them then they dont need them
This may have changed but I doubt it

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
4 years 3 months ago #206185 by Morris
Replied by Morris on topic Seat belts
I am trying to find out if the old style belts that do not retract and where both ends fall flat on the floor are still legal in Victoria. I have not been able to find anything sensible on the VicRoads site.
I do know that if seatbelts are fitted, even to a vehicle that otherwise would not need them, they must be working and you must use them. You are not allowed to remove them. If the truck has seatbelt mounts on the (non original) seat, you will have to fit and use belts.

These days, it is very silly not to fit them and not to wear them. Even if you are a very careful driver, many others are not and can hit you. Just yesterday, I was a passenger in a car going up the main street of Berwick, Victoria, where there is a stupid roundabout near the top of the very steep hill. It is the very last place you would expect to find a roundabout, it does not extend past the width of the road and the view to your right is hidden by trees and "street furniture." It is not far past traffic lights and entrances to the very limited parking area in the busy street. As far as I could tell, a four door ute went into the roundabout and was hit square-on by a car coming from the right. Driver behind the ute jumped out and went to check that there were no serious injuries. I suppose that technically, the ute driver was at fault but I strongly believe that the VicRoads idiot who designed the roundabout should be shot!

I have my shoulder to the wheel,
my nose to the grindstone,
I've put my best foot forward,
I've put my back into it,
I'm gritting my teeth,

Now I find I can't do any work in this position!

Time to create page: 0.463 seconds