Skip to main content

Please Check your Profile.

More
3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #210479 by Gryphon
Hi,

with a recent focus on doing some house keeping around the Forum there is an issue that has been around since the conversion of the Forum software a few years back where not everyone's name in their profile were able to be migrated across to the current software.

I would like to ask everyone to check their Profile and take particular notice of the Name field and if it contains the words 'Your Name' then please update it to your real name. The Profile tab appears at the top of each page and once inside you will need to select the 'Edit' button in the top right corner to see your full details or use this link, www.hcvc.com.au/forum/profile/edit

Your name is not visible to the public however this is not an anonymous Forum therefore we ask people to make sure their name and other details are correct. Amongst other things your name helps us match people with the current HCVCA membership database.

In the near future there will be a mass change to disable any accounts that do not have their real name in their profiles.

For users who do get disabled they will be able to send an email to forum@hcvc.com.au to have their account enabled again therefore we would like people to review/update their Profile asap to avoid a lot of unnecessary effort and delay.

By far the majority of users affected will be people who haven't logged in for quite sometime and probably never will again and efforts will be made to minimise the impact to recently active members. An email was sent to all people likely to be impacted by this change asking them to update their profile.

Terry
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Gryphon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 8 months ago #212693 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Please Check your Profile.
Hi,

this will occur in the next few days.

I got busy with work and life at the end of May but it is back near the top of the to do list. :)

Terry

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #213066 by Gryphon
Hi,

This update has gone through this evening with any user Profiles not displaying peoples real names now being disabled. Please send an email to forum@hcvc.com.au if this has affected you and you would like to regain access.

By far the majority of users affected are people who haven't logged in for quite sometime and probably never will again and efforts have beene made to minimise the impact to recently active members. An email was sent to all people likely to be impacted by this change asking them to update their profile.

Terry
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: IHScout, Bobsboy, bparo, cobbadog

More
3 years 7 months ago #213067 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Please Check your Profile.
Sounds very fair and reasonable Terry, you hard work is appreciated.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #213218 by Gryphon
Hi,

there was the nearly 3,000 profiles affected by this change, most of whom haven't logged on for many years, so no surprises there.

For the 10 or so people who I would say are active members having posted something in the last month only three have emailed us with their details so far. Wee-Allis being the first only an hour or so after the change took place. And about another 10 people who have logged in in the past 6 months where I was able to get their name from their email address their profiles have been re-enabled. Still a couple of regulars I am hoping we hear from.

Next job is going to be to clean up another issue from when the Forum was migrated in 2015 and that is to restore the correct 'date joined' which got mangled up in the conversion from mm/dd/yy to dd/mm/yyyy. Admittedly it took about four years before Grandad highlighted the problem so it is not something that anyone will probably notice whenever i fix it up.

Terry
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Gryphon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Lang, PaulFH, squeak

More
3 years 7 months ago #213347 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Please Check your Profile.
Well done.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Morris

More
3 years 5 months ago #214872 by CO4070
Replied by CO4070 on topic Please Check your Profile.
All ok

More
3 years 5 months ago #214883 by PDU
Replied by PDU on topic Please Check your Profile.
I wasn't aware you wanted a response :unsure: :blush: I simply checked my profile when you first posted about it, and when everything seemed to be okay left it at that.

More
3 years 5 months ago #214885 by Gryphon

PDU wrote: I wasn't aware you wanted a response :unsure: :blush: I simply checked my profile when you first posted about it, and when everything seemed to be okay left it at that.

There is no requirement to respond.

The people most affected were those unable to login because their name was not in the their profile and they have slowly been making contact via email as intended and their profiles enabled again.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: PDU

More
3 years 5 months ago #214886 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic Please Check your Profile.
My apologies as well, Terry.
All good my end, Thanks!
Dave_64

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds