n also a clean up with
www.ccleaner.com

?
any body else haveing problems?

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Swishy.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #22165 by
Replied by on topic Re: Computer problems
No problems here. I'd suggest he examine his AV program and ensure that hcvc.com.au is listed as a "trusted site". AV programs are notorious for blocking access to sites that pose no problem.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22166 by Jake Brake
Replied by Jake Brake on topic Re: Computer problems
After calling Helen and Swishy for help - thanks for your advice, I emptied the cache and the recent history, disconnected from the net then restarted and it has allowed me to get back online again!!
Hope that's all fixed and no more problems!
Ray

:(
I just tried sending a Personal Message to someone and the website has gone back to Maintenance Mode - obviously there are still issues.
I've emptied the cache, disconnected etc. and managed to log in again, but is this going to happen every time now?
Why did we have to change the forum set up??? Wasn't it working fine before??
Anyone else have any ideas?
Ray

White the greatest name in trucks.
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Jake Brake.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22167 by The Shadow
Replied by The Shadow on topic Re: Computer problems
Some times just emptying the cache will not fix the problem, More so if people use IE..

What happens is when the server is in Maintenance Mode, the M.M. page has no TTL, (Time To Live).

So when it is back up in Normal Mode people still see the M.M.

So when some your computer looks at the site and all it see is M.M. then easy way to fix it is to hold down the shift key then with the mouse click on "Refresh" or "Reload" 99% of the time that fixes the problem.

The more older trucks on the road&&The more memorizes of how things use to be.&&[url

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22168 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Re: Computer problems
Hi,

I have sent an email to Jake Brake that maybe applicable to others still having problems accessing this Forum, in particular those with intermittent issues of the maintenance mode message appearing.

You may need to clear your network 'connections' and you can do this on Windows XP by

1. Click on the START button on the lower left.
2. Click on RUN in the Start menu
3. In the command box that pops up, type
ipconfig /flushdns
4. Press OK

This will have removed any references to the old site from your computers network cache. For the geeks it is a simple Flush of the local DNS

I hope this helps anyone still having problems.

Terry
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Gryphon.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #22169 by Jake Brake
>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( I'm still having problems with this site, its taken me half an hour just to get in after trying various efforts to log in. I didn't have any problems before, but since this maintenance I just have problem after problem.
I appreciate everyone's efforts in suggesting things to try, but I'm still not able to log on when I want to.
Basically I've done everything above including emptying my PMs (when I can actually get on), flushing caches, manually emptying caches, clearing history and bookmarks etc, holding down shift and restarting numerous times.
I initially didn't even realise there was a problem as I just thought the forum was undergoing maintenance and would be back up again within a few days. But after a few more days and still not able to get on I began to wonder, so I asked Murray who said he was having no trouble.

It makes me wonder how many other members are out there who are still thinking its in maintenance mode?

Anyway I might not be able to log on again, so if anyone needs to contact me my email is: mondelle@bigpond.com

Ray

P.S. I just went back to check on a PM I just received but it's disappeared! So please email me direct Bretto or anyone else. Yet another issue! >:(

Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Jake Brake.

More
14 years 2 months ago #22170 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Computer problems
Part of the problem is the site was moved without the administrators being informed earlier so the move could be planned and tested properly before being done for real.

In fact none of the administrators were involved in the move and have spent hours each trying to work out what was done, how it was done, what was missed, what was done wrong.

in fact since the move I have been getting emails every time somebody makes a post yet the configuration all says I shouldn't be seeing them. It is frustrating for us as well

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 2 months ago #22171 by Jake Brake
Hi again -Wow! Surprise, surprise I've made it back in! But for how long I don't know!
It's a bit hit and miss at the moment in logging into this forum.
I'm still having issues with getting onto this site. Sometimes I can log in and other days no matter how much I try, I just can't!! All I get is "Maintenance Mode" etc. So I give up!
Terry Pollard has been fantastic in helping me try to solve this issue. Still haven't narrowed it down as yet.
After endless cache flushes, removing DNS entries, clearing cookies, histories etc. It may be a ISP issue??
So there could be other forum members in the same boat?
Anyway, I'll keep trying to log in when this site lets me!
Any messages please direct to my email - see Swishy's post.
Jake Brake

• Swishy
  • Topic Author
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 2 months ago #22172 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Computer problems

RE: I'm still having issues with getting onto this site.
Yarh
Well itz one way to thin down the White truck funaticz
LOL

After all

Ifn we wanted a White truck
tiz available @ local paint shop in bucketz
LOL

only yankn u're chain JakeBrake LOL

Others haven problems/trubles
U can compare notes with Jake Brake email @
mondelle@bigpond.com

Cya