Skip to main content

A different office

More
1 year 11 months ago #235378 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic A different office
Well I guess a steersman job is better than job, never driven a auto truck so I cant comment on them

Plenty of self appointed experts have lots of negative things to say despite there been more and more on the road every day

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #235383 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic A different office
Neigh bor bought home a K200 auto when they were going to replace his K104B.He drove it for a week, did not mind the auto and took me for a run in it and was smooth as silk. Held itself on hills with no rolling back. Did not like the duel bill compared to the K104B, it was thirsty and same for the DAF. That was when he ended up with the Freighliner that he drowned in the floods.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 11 months ago #235397 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic A different office
This thing has a clutch for first gear, it's very high on the pedal and empty is savage, perhaps that's why so many trucks give a massive chassis twisting lurch on takeoff. 500hp Cummins, plenty of grunt, no idea if fuel is good or bad. 18 speed cruise control, about 45 tonne all up, sits on 100 up down etc.... just keep it out of the mud, crap traction.

As for tipping, did 2 yesterday on a real tip, gate open and tip.... next two thru the bag out door, dribble dribble dribble, bugger auger stopped, 2 tonne on the grate and spilling.... all good in the end, 60 minutes to unload is stupid, but beats shoveling.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 year 5 months ago #240805 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Caption This
Just loaded 40 tonne on him and off chasing 4 headers…. Took an hour or so to drag him out.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, overlander, PaulFH, asw120, wee-allis, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.465 seconds