Skip to main content

Overlander's Mack Brochures & Articles

More
1 year 9 months ago #236702 by xspanrman
NMP'S 2 R Macks , 2 different operators ( Riverland Tpt and Alan Lever's first Flintstone) . 2 trucks named Magnificent Obsession. I recall Alan Lever didn't have his Magnificent Obsession very long as it had ongoing mechanical problems and Mack gave him a good deal to set him up into a Flintstone with the new 237Hp Maxidyne motor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #236869 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236870 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lang, Mrsmackpaul, overlander, xspanrman, oliver1950

More
1 year 9 months ago #236871 by PaulFH
That's the lot of the Mack files from Overlander, at the present.
The following user(s) said Thank You: asw120, wee-allis, xspanrman

More
1 year 9 months ago #236872 by Mrsmackpaul
Thats quite the collection, thank you for sharing all of this

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: Inter-Action, PaulFH

More
1 year 8 months ago #237957 by Steve L
Dave 64, the camshaft problem was not the camshaft itself but the cam follower. The early cam followers had the hardened disc attached to the follower by means of kinda bronzing. This softer bronze material allowed the hardened disc to crack, hence camshaft failure. I’m sure the Dynatard most likely enhanced the cam follower failure. Mack’s addressed this by spinning the follower in one direction at very high speed and they spun the hardened disc in the other direction and while spinning ( I can’t recall what revs ) brought the two together causing them to fuse.
I took delivery of a new Valueliner early 87 ( ordered it in 86 ) and at around 250,000 ks going through Dubbo the cam failed, I got the truck to Western Trans late that afternoon, Westerns allowed me to use their workshop, Mack’s supplied the parts and By myself had it running daybreak the next day. And by the skin of my teeth just made my booking on the ferry to Lindeman island, I pulled another 3 cracked cam followers from that engine that night.
Oh they were the days, how times have changed. Try using a Mack dealer workshop now, you would be lucky if they knew what an E6 is.
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave_64, overlander, PaulFH, oliver1950

More
1 year 5 months ago #240547 by PaulFH
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul, overlander, wee-allis, xspanrman, oliver1950

Time to create page: 0.534 seconds