Skip to main content

Turntables

More
14 years 2 months ago #24168 by VicHung
Replied by VicHung on topic Re: Turntables
Just a note from NZ. The company I work for uses both Jost and Holland. Both makes work fine and we have no problems with either of them, they are both excellent and do the job they are designed to do, so what more can you ask? The original comment about Jost being no good is crap!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 2 months ago #24169 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Turntables

Bazzr
GuddayM8

my 2 cents worth (including GST)Sum change can B arranged

any well known 5th wheel should B OK providing it iz in good condition
On the right me thinks U have truble registering a truck with a 2nd hand 5th wheel az they like 2 C the tag with the compliance plate with the 'D' rateing
Not sure how backward U R on the Left
LOL
the 4" greasy plate went out 30 or more years ago
but we stihl use m as it twaz acceptable whay back when so tiz OK 4 us
we have updated the greasy plate on one of the trucks with a gr8 design th@ iz legal
a ball race bottom 5th wheel would not last with the treatment we give m
when we winch a trailer into the 5th wheel we'd only crush the balls in the ballrace turntable
@ idel revs with a mechanical drive winch we can easily brake winch ropes when winching in to jaws of 5th wheel n the gearing plus the momentum brakes the rope
Clikn here will get u the modern approved grasy plate

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 2 months ago #24170 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Turntables
Baz, what ever Turntable you decide on, weld up all the holes in the mounting plate, and drill the new ones at evenly spaced centres. Then if you want to put a different turntable on, do the same, and your angles wont end up swiss cheese. Maybe have a look at the 190 and try and drill the same holes, the chassis width should be similar? Anyway, the piont I'm trying to make is, try and get a standard with all of your gear if you can, then it's not hard to interchange stuff later. The other thing with doing your holes at evenly spaced centres is, you can drill an extra hole or 2 to the rear of the others, and if you have to tow somebody else's trailer that hasn't got enough swing clearence, it's a piece of pie, unbolt the turntable and move it back.

More
14 years 2 months ago #24171 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Turntables
For specs for fitting turntable go to goldenoldiestruckclub.com technical page, then link to NSW RTA specifications.
Go for the greasy plate to keep the young inspectors guessing, but remember that unless it is locked you need a block on your skid plate otherwise getting the trailer unhitched will be an event for utube.
Hey Cam, has your neighbour got a York Big D turntable?

Time to create page: 0.377 seconds