Skip to main content

A question for Brocky.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244295 by V8Ian
A question for Brocky. was created by V8Ian
I sometimes see North American trucks with amazingly long wheelbases and the turntable/fifth wheel behind the centerline of the drive axles. Many of them have a gap of 12' or more between the back of the sleeper and front of the trailer. What's the story with these specs?
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH, Southbound

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244297 by Brocky45
Replied by Brocky45 on topic A question for Brocky.
Some of it is to meet the "Bridge Laws" which say there must be so much distance between the steering axle and the last trailer axle to be able to gross the maximum weight, especially with a shorter trailer..
The rest of them, especially the real long ones, belong to the show off idiots with more money than common sense!!!! The reason you see pictures of them is that the "show and shine" group manage to get written up more..
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, Dave_64, eerfree, PaulFH, roKWiz, Southbound, V8Ian

More
1 year 1 month ago #244298 by Dave_64
Replied by Dave_64 on topic A question for Brocky.
Thought that would be the answer......just didn't want to offend anyone !

More
1 year 1 month ago #244299 by V8Ian
Replied by V8Ian on topic A question for Brocky.
Thanks Brocky, the ones with the turntable positioned on the end of the chassis must play havoc with the drive (heavy) and steer (light) weights.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244301 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic A question for Brocky.

The rest of them, especially the real long ones, belong to the show off idiots with more money than common sense!!!! The reason you see pictures of them is that the "show and shine" group manage to get written up more..

So many good surviving cabover's I see on YT are being ruined by these 280-340in wheelbase jokers.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
1 year 1 month ago #244321 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic A question for Brocky.
Yes they are been ruined, and then people try tell everyone they are some "bad ass old school trucker" whilst drinking their soy latte

A lot of fake people out there these days just going for a look

Sort of like some pictures Lang shared a while back of pre stained Tee shirts so people can look like a mechanic

Sorry Im gunna get a rant going shortly

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
1 year 1 month ago #244330 by roKWiz
Replied by roKWiz on topic A question for Brocky.

Yes they are been ruined, and then people try tell everyone they are some "bad ass old school trucker" whilst drinking their soy latte

A lot of fake people out there these days just going for a look

Sort of like some pictures Lang shared a while back of pre stained Tee shirts so people can look like a mechanic

Sorry Im gunna get a rant going shortly

Paul

Stained T's ? I reckon there will be a market for my old worn out work boots then.

Heritage Stonemason
In order that the labour of centuries past may not be in vain during the centuries to come... D. Did

More
1 year 1 month ago #244332 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic A question for Brocky.
I often come across a single drive modern Jap. prime mover with big Hiab behind the cab towing a single axle trailer, used for house frame deliveries.
Turntable is either over the diff or slightly aft, it looks really crook but I guess his front axle loading must be borderline.

Time to create page: 0.439 seconds