Skip to main content

Our Guy

More
1 year 1 month ago #244419 by wouldyou
Our Guy was created by wouldyou
Had my last drive today, sale on Thursday has been a busy few weeks.
Some tractor pics in other old stuff.
David.

The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, cobbadog, eerfree, Mrsmackpaul, Mairjimmy, PaulFH, asw120, Tacho, V8Ian and 3 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #244440 by Mrsmackpaul
Replied by Mrsmackpaul on topic Our Guy
Good luck with it all, a clearing sale is a strange thing
When I'm going to them as a perspective purchaser they are the greatest thing, however I had my own clearing sale once

I couldn't face it all and hid in the house until it was almost over, yeah I know I'm a chicken

I hope the Guy was well behaved for it's last drive

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 year 1 month ago #244442 by Tacho
Replied by Tacho on topic Our Guy
Good luck with your clearing sale David, it is hard to let go especially if things have a special meaning to you. When I had my partial clearing sale in 2010 the hardest part was watching the bidding and thinking it was worth more than they bid, and then see it drive or be towed out the gate at the end. For many years after I would go looking for something I knew I had and then realise it was sold at the sale. (and should have been kept)
PS Can you put up some pics of the other toys you are selling as I was impressed with your collection when we called there a couple of years ago.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mairjimmy, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 1 month ago #244445 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Our Guy
The following user(s) said Thank You: 180wannabe, cobbadog, PaulFH

More
1 year 1 month ago #244450 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Our Guy
Hello Tacho,
Will do but a few other things to happen first. Donor wrecks are getting placed beside the lot so the buyer can decide if he needs it.
Auctioneer is coming today to list lot numbers and description, I have manuals to number and give buyer at office.

Mrs Mack,
The items of personal interest are staying here with our two Sons, had fun getting things working again re the sale items and have included known history for interest.
David.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH, wee-allis

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #244516 by wouldyou
Replied by wouldyou on topic Our Guy
Over the years a fellow has visited, his interest seems vintage gear of which he takes photos and notes info down. Said if you wear a hi vis shirt no one takes notice if you are poking around. Called Son Ian the other day saying the Guy should not be in the sale but donated to the local Wubin museum, he turned up here with Ian suggesting if that was to occur he buy it and do so.
Come sale day and he is the buyer at $16,500. Comes to me with question where is that book? I said all the books are in the bag you are holding, on opening it he withdrew a book on a brief history of Guy Motors which I imagine all new Guy owners would receive with their purchase, saying this book is worth more than I paid for the truck and I will now on sell the truck

?????????
David.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by wouldyou.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hayseed, 180wannabe, cobbadog, Morris, PaulFH, wee-allis

Time to create page: 0.473 seconds