Skip to main content

Bayswater Bridge's Reign of Terror Comes to an End

More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #244931 by theabundantlife
A local icon that has had quite an impact on commercial vehicles over the years has been laid to rest-

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=149556241135008

www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-15/notorious...evelopment/102224910

There is even a website, How Many Days Since the Bayswater Bridge Has Been Hit?
howmanydayssincebayswaterbridgehasbeenhit.com/

expressdigest.com/bayswater-bridge-in-pe...cks-crashed-into-it/

End of an era...

Chris
Last edit: 1 year 1 week ago by theabundantlife.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Inter-Action, Mrsmackpaul, PaulFH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 week ago #244933 by Mrsmackpaul
Im guessing there's bridges like this everywhere, but most have nothing done to help solve the problem

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 1 week ago #244946 by theabundantlife
Only took 54 years to solve this problem. And it's only because of the Metronet rail redevelopment to bring train lines to the airport (etc) that the old bridge has finally been removed.

It was a major thoroughfare from one side of Bayswater under the railway line to the other, not surprising it took out so many trucks with the volume of traffic that went through there. I guess the only good thing was the speed limit was only 50km/h, could have been messy if it was any higher.

Chris

More
1 year 1 week ago #244962 by cobbadog
Didn't the n ew airport line get knocked on the head today? Something to do with a massive State debt

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
1 year 1 week ago #244963 by theabundantlife
No idea, I haven't really been paying much attention. Wouldn't surprise me if there is massive debt though, there have been some pretty massive road (and rail) infrastructure works going on for the past few years. I was wondering who was financing it all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
1 year 1 week ago #244965 by Sarge
Cobba, you are right but in the wrong state, premier Dan has knocked the rail line, bridge is in Perf.... you know other side of the desert..... wa.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound, theabundantlife

More
1 year 1 week ago #244966 by overnite

No idea, I haven't really been paying much attention. Wouldn't surprise me if there is massive debt though, there have been some pretty massive road (and rail) infrastructure works going on for the past few years. I was wondering who was financing it all.

Massive debt is correct. Especially when chairman Dan paid millions to a multinational company NOT to build a freeway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, Southbound, theabundantlife

Time to create page: 0.453 seconds