Skip to main content

Anyone familiar with Isuzu Super Cruiser?

More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #249910 by V8Ian
With V10 Isuzu busses? 
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isuzu_Super_Cruiser
A friend is considering one, converted to a motorhome. 
Apart from the usual rust issues in a 25 year old bus, I'd be specifically concerned with service and repair parts. I reckon economy may also be an issue with sixteen plus, litres displacement. 330hp would certainly get you to the next free camp quicker than the rest of the grey nomads. 
Last edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by V8Ian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249911 by jon_d
I have an Isuzu engine and gearbox in my Bedford.    The Dandenong Isuzu dealer (parts/service) are incredibly helpful.  Maybe give them a quick ring to ask about parts availability.

Also, find out if the bus is a grey import. Will make it harder to source parts and a mechanic.  Remember, a breakdown in a vehicle that size is going to cost a motza to have it towed and repaired.

BUT, the first thing I'd do is find out if there are replacement windscreens. A broken screen  will, and has, put many a motor home of the road.  Anything curved is at risk.   Some Bedfords, lots of Mercs, Hinos and the like.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog, PaulFH, V8Ian

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #249912 by Brocky45
Curved windscreens can be VERY hard to find. The man who bought my Diamond T 921 China closet tractor finally found a race car shop in Iowa who could make them out of Plexiglass, for about $500 a piece, Heard that Terry Klenske paid $7000 for the pair in his 921???
The following user(s) said Thank You: PaulFH

More
4 months 1 week ago #250045 by mammoth
there is a business in western Sydney that does custom bent glass. Ron Toy got screens for his Thornycroft made in Vietnam.
The following user(s) said Thank You: V8Ian

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds