• If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 5 days ago #27667 by Swishy
'Right to Repair' was created by Swishy

'Right to Repair' Gains Support

wot happens in yanky land can also happen here
Not th@ I have to worry bout our ol bangers

LOL

Sens. Christopher Dodd (D-Conn.) and John Kerry (D-Mass.) have joined the list of co-sponsors of the Motor Vehicle Owners' Right to Repair Act, which was recently introduced into the Senate by Sens. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) and Sam Brownback (R-Kan.).

The Right to Repair Act would require vehicle manufacturers to provide to all repair shops the access codes, repair instructions, tools, equipment, and other information necessary to diagnose, service and maintain their vehicles. Proponents say the legislation would give vehicle owners the freedom to choose repair shops for their vehicles and allow independent repair shops to compete on a level playing field with other facilities. Although much of the discussion involves car owners, the bill would apply to all vehicles, including heavy-duty commercial trucks.

U 2 can read all about it.......right here clikity clikclik LOL

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 days ago #27668 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: 'Right to Repair'
As they should. Manufacturers deliberatly with hold information quite often on there products. Quite often they don't even know themselves. When Mack where selling the Midlums and Premiums even they couldn't decipher some of manuals that where in French, what hope have you got of getting that information? Most manufacturers with hold a lot of the info involving electronics, you must admit, it all does the samething in different ways, it wouldn't be too hard to standardise a bit of it. But then how could the manufacturers ensure that the poor customer can only buy thier parts? Never mind that they will be obselete after a few years. The Europeans have had it stitched up for years, mind the Europeans are gradually stitching up the American truck manufacturers as well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds