More
13 years 11 months ago #30639 by jimbo51
Replied by jimbo51 on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO
The small print says available in 55/45 or 50/50

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #30640 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO
Volvo used a 6x2 bogie where the lazy axle carried less weight. It was also arranged so that the drive action wound the torque so that more weight went on the drive when it was needed. Apparently worked very well on snow. Was not popular in Aus as I guess the taxing/weight system worked against it.

More
13 years 11 months ago #30641 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO
Yes, have driven one of those on an F10. Great in forwards but try backing up a driveway, the opposite happens and you dont move.
With these new ABS and air bags it should all be sorted. Extra air over the drive if it starts to spin and ABS could brake the spinning wheel enough to keep you moving.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30642 by Old AB
Replied by Old AB on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO
Not sure about that single wheel Swishy,, I think on the first photo of the hub, you can see the valve stem from the inside tyre,,, But I do ,,,,,,,,,,,, you know the rest Lol

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30643 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO
I need to get bob up here on the forum....

dual wheels were/are the go...

according to Bob (he was around when Noah put a GM in the Ark) they were a very good and popular way the get the extra carry capacity with out huge cost....

And Pete, the 16000 odd tonne capacity is what my truck was registered for, but because I only run 9.00 tyres it dropped to 15.... done trhe old fashioned way by a friendly Vicroads bloke with a book a tape measure and a calculator....

Suits me /me

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

More
13 years 10 months ago #30644 by Old AB
That would be good Sarge.. Bob could share some of his vast knowledge with us all. He is one man that had many great ideas for our industry ,,, Oh buy the way,,,, Was reading the big book the other night Sarge,,, Seen no referance to the Ark having a GM mate. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keep old inters alive.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 10 months ago #30645 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO

Ol AB
GuddayM80

RE: no referance to the Ark having a GM

they were all screeemerz B lo deck

LOL ;)

Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 10 months ago #30646 by Old AB
How right you are Swishy...... I didnt pickup on the hebrew translation,,,,, sorry, lol ;D ;D ;D

Keep old inters alive.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #30647 by Alpal
Replied by Alpal on topic Re: BARTLETT ACCO

Juan Track is on the money Swish.... as told to me... "Old Man Bartlett was a bit of a genius, he could and did make what ever he needed....

As I understand it, he made these pusher and lazy axles from scratch, cheaper to him than buying in someone elses work.

Pete, Bob tells me the truck is quite legal, I can only assume that Bartlett are certified or what ever it is that allow manufacturers to get stuff registered.

The truck has a Dot 4 Perkins and over drive box, modified engine cover to fit it all in... would be a great collecter, but not for me (she says).... :'(

/me

Hi Guys .Geoff Bartlett was a genius alright, back in about 1983/4 he extended the chassis on my 1418 prime mover when I had it stretched to a 21 ft tray,he used the same profile beams as the original chassis and when it was finished the only way you could tell it was stretched was by the gusset plates on the inside and even they were matched to the same profile.And they are still in business ,so says something for their crediblity.
Al.

Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by Alpal.

Time to create page: 0.499 seconds