Skip to main content

Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #31114 by bparo
I got this via email for a new magazine. The details I was given are:

PO Box 5660, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444. Ph: 0409 153 903 Fax: 02 6584 4077
www.vtcmagazine.com.au This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Dear Enthusiast,
Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine (VTCM) is a BRAND NEW all-Australian bi-monthly publication featuring truck and commercial vehicles of all makes and models, that are 25 years old or more since production.
This includes trucks, utes, panel vans, station wagons, sedans, delivery vehicles, pick ups, fire trucks and military as well as a range of other purpose built
vehicles.
VTCM covers both restored and original trucks, as well as commercial vehicles that are still in the workforce today.
Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine offers its readers a wide range of articles including restoration, technical and historical articles for both the enthusiast and restorer. VTCM is put together by the same graphics team as The Old Machinery Magazine, established in 1985.
Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine will be officially launched at the Dubbo Vintage Truck and Tractor Show on 7th and 8th August, 2010, in Dubbo,
NSW.
Until 30th September, 2010, we are offering all enthusiasts a FREE classified advertisement with photo. See below for more details.
Have you a story to tell?
All published stories will receive a complimentary one year
(6 issue) subscription.***
Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine would love to hear your story.
Some examples of these are:
* Truck / Vehicle manufacturers / Company history
* The working life of your truck / vehicle
* Restoration of your truck / vehicle
* Modifications within the truck / vehicle
* Rare trucks / vehicles
* Unique trucks / vehicles and/or accessories.
* Rallies and outings that you and your vehicle have attended.
PO Box 5660, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444. Ph: 0409 153 903 Fax: 02 6584 4077
www.vtcmagazine.com.au This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
To have your story published, either send your information to: PO Box 5660,
Port Macquarie, NSW 2444, or email it to us at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Classifieds: Until 30th June, 2010, Vintage Trucks and Commercials are offering all commercial enthusiasts one free 20 word advert with a photo. Simply
email it to ads@vtcmagazine.com.au or mail it to P.O. Box 5660, Port Macquarie, NSW 2444.
Vehicles must be 25 or more years since production, and you must abide by state laws by providing either a VIN, rego number, chassis or engine number.
This offer excludes commercial use. For commercial advertising, please contact us for further details.
Club Secretaries and Publicity Officers: Let everyone know what your club is up to, by sending in your upcoming events that feature trucks and commercials. Don

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by bparo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31115 by busntruck
We should have a good mag this time as they do a good job on their other magazine the TOMM. :)

As regards to the "missing in action" Vintage Commercials Down Under Mag, may it rest in piece as he has run out of excuses and lost my confidence. >:( ::)

"Bite off more than you can chew and chew like hell."

More
13 years 10 months ago #31116 by AUSSIE TD-40
thats a bit ruff :-?
he tryed his best and it was good while it lasted, glad I got mine 8-)
If it was that easy to do and make money ::) then anyone could do it >:(

Jake

INTER TRUCKS, B-3, L-120, AL160, AACO180D, R-190, RD-200
plus a few Inter tractors eta
WARWICK QLD AUSTRALIA

More
13 years 10 months ago #31117 by melonreo
well
as for vintage commercials i purchased every issue Steven published :) and was always waiting for the next issue :'( , some time its content was not in my intrest :oit was some thing to read for old trucks ;) ,Steven did all this at his own expense .the cost of putting in lots of colour pictures means that a lot of magazines need to be sold to offset the expense.... things like this magazine do not get any better untill people support them by purchasing them..
VTCM you can count me in , i will even subscribe to it right now.
it is not often that things like this get started as most people are not willing to invest the money to start something off like this when they are unsure of its future.
dont let this die out as i dont see any body else willing to kick one off

More
13 years 10 months ago #31118 by bigcam
I reckon Jake and Melon are on the money. I don't think Steve made any money out of it, just a lot of time and effort.

More
13 years 10 months ago #31119 by busntruck
The editor of VCDU & his family are really nice people, i dont have a problem with that. He has been to my home and i have been to his place, we have had dinner together and he is welcome any time.
I also subscribed, contributed, burnt CD's of photos and posted at my expence, wrote a few stories etc etc for VCDU.
Mr VCDU told me last August at Cleveland that the next edition was going to be out before the HCVC Sandown show.
11 months later still nothing.
Many of my friends have subscribtions (paid in advance) to both of their magazines. If one takes peoples money in advance one needs to come good with the goods, a magazine that was supposed to be quarterly in now a bi annual mag at the best. Yes iam sure he has not made big $$$ out of it, but in business one needs to deliver when goods/services have been paid for. One other comment is that when the last edition came out one of my mates got his in the post approx 4 months before i got mine and a few others got theirs two months after me. The latest edition was for sale at a show (via a book seller) before us subscribtion holders got ours.
Just a few reasons for my comment about lost my confidence. ;) ::) >:(

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #31120 by 345SCOUT
If it is as good as Vintage Trucks mag in the U.S. it will be worth getting. Do we know when it will be at the news agency.

Cheers

International Scout Owners Club Victorian Division (ISOCVD)&&Spare Parts Officer&&is
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by 345SCOUT.

More
13 years 10 months ago - 13 years 10 months ago #31121 by bparo
I think it is a couple of months away. I was told the first issue will be a small 'teaser' given away with the Old Machinery Magazine with full size copies for 2nd and subsequent issues.

As it is being launched at Dubbo I don't think it would be out before then

I am sure someone will make comment here when they see it. I found out about it as I gave them a story for TOMM and they asked me if it was ok if they ran it in their new magazine instead

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
Last edit: 13 years 10 months ago by bparo.

More
13 years 9 months ago #31122 by PhilD
Yes well the release seemed to go well at Dubbo.
Very well presented so let's hope it works out and help it along as much as possible.

Want to be in the shed covered in grease and muck - want a Rum ?

More
13 years 9 months ago #31123 by busntruck
I agree with PhilD, the new mag looks great. 8-)

Time to create page: 0.510 seconds