Skip to main content

Harvest time - West Wyalong

More
13 years 5 months ago #38416 by Andy Wright
Tempting, Dennis. Have a course in town on Wednesday that starts at 8 so rather than sleep in I'm getting up at the usual time and heading out to the silos for a couple of hours. :)

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
13 years 5 months ago #38417 by Swishy

Andy
GuddayM8

If U find all the trucks lined up in a pretty row wait n 2 unload @ the silos
set the camera to MOVIE
n do a 'drive by shooting'
LOL
Th@ way U can YouTube it
4 all of us 2 C
Cya
[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
13 years 5 months ago #38418 by Cunning Stunt
Great shots Andy. See, there IS life after Melbourne! That Flintstone is great 8-)

Some play hard to get

More
13 years 5 months ago #38419 by Andy Wright
Moving pictures? Way to rush me into the 21st Century, Swish.

No Commers yet, Bruce. ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #38420 by Andy Wright
Didn't have any luck cruising by the silos yesterday arvo but did spot this parked near the side of the road on the way home from work. I'd earlier seen it in a far off paddock so was happy to pull up and rattle off some shots:

Today, silo-wise, was a whole other story though. Nothing in the line up behind the shed but when I turned around and ran along the scales queue I got a bit excited by the Transtar, Road Boss and old Peterbilt. I parked the ute and as I was walking to the rear of the line, they all started shuffling up. My camera was making beeping noises every time I hit the shutter release and I was very quickly getting frustrated. I whipped out the phone and shot a terrible shot in the sun while the Pete driver yelled out taking the p*ss. The line didn't move far so I walked up the left of the trucks, waited for the Pete to stop and asked if it was okay to shoot the Pete. By now I had worked out I'd kept setting the timer on the camera (it's been bouncing around in the centre console). With the camera good to go and me feeling a bit rushed because Stan the Pete driver was kind enough to stop the line for me and have a chat, I shot this into the sun with backlit cloud ... and realised I really need to clean the camera tonight.

Stan said he'd been told she's a 1963 build with a 350 big cam under the bonnet. She's owned by a chap called Wilkerson, IIRC. Stan's obviously going to be backwards and forwards so I got his mobile so we could hopefully meet up again for better shots. Before he moved off to catch up with the line, I got this interior shot:

The truck immediately behind the Pete was this:

...and this was behind him:

Then the sh*t really hit the fan because as the scales line rolled forward, these guys appeared from the direction of the silos. I didn't have time to set the camera properly so just shot and hoped for the best. Am glad the following was okay because the next two of this Riverina Pastoral RB were crap ... and he was in a hurry:

The Tulloch T600 again - I spoke quickly to the driver when he joined the back of the scales line:

Finally, to complete the utter blur of activity I was trying to take half-decent pics of (and failing slightly), I heard something belting along the bypass. Awesome.

Off to clean the camera. :) :) :) :)

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
13 years 5 months ago #38421 by Assessor
There some good old jiggas there Andy! Top effort mate

13 years 5 months ago #38422 by
Replied by on topic Re: Harvest time - West Wyalong
I think the best truck so far is the PETE keeping them coming mate. Dave :)

More
13 years 5 months ago #38423 by Assessor
Thats only cause there hasnt been any beddys yet!!

;) ;)

13 years 5 months ago #38424 by
Replied by on topic Re: Harvest time - West Wyalong
They will there but so will be the RTA. ;D ;D ;D

More
13 years 5 months ago #38425 by Andy Wright
Cheers, fellas. I have to admit I'm surprised I haven't seen a TK yet but I can't even think of one local. Mind you, some of these trucks are local and I haven't seen them before.

I have to agree, Dave, the Pete just pips the Flintstone so far. Hoping for clear skies tomorrow morning before my course.

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds