Skip to main content

Holden boby parts

More
13 years 4 months ago #42060 by ronhorse
Holden boby parts was created by ronhorse

Unloading at Sydney, Holden boxes from Adelaide, my two daughters on the front,my wifes name on the front, in Adelaide at Holdens I would get the loading order, go around to the yard and slip a 10 pound note in the order form so the man in charge would give me a light load, payed the same as heavy ones. However going into Sydney one night the roads were blocked due to heavy rains so being light took the alternate route, across a narrow bridge and up a grade that was like a wall, stuck it in bog cog and hoped, halfway up a tailshaft snapped, couldn't hold it on the hill and had to let it go, hopped out and it went down the hill and did a perfect jackknife blocking the bridge, traffic held up for miles, never seen such rain, tow truck came out fron Sydney, put a chain on the front and it came around and up the hill neat as you like, amazing

anything above the reasoning of a mongrel dog is a waste of time

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #42061 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Holden boby parts
Thanks for the photo and story ronhorse.

My AR160 has 'Red Terror' written in the same place and same style as 'Kathy-O' and the ' armchair experts' tell me it was never done like that. Now I can prove at least one was!

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.366 seconds