Skip to main content

The grenfell34 collection - 1 for the KW nuts

13 years 3 months ago #44001 by
Bl@@dy nice collection kirky!, are you going to leave them left hook?, wheres the S2 by the way?

Cheers Adam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #44002 by
internuts this is the history on the 405 it was a one owner truck 54 model hrb 600 cummins 5n 3 od spicer timkin rear an originally page n page with a tag axle the owner died about 10 years ago an it sat till a guy that lived in a bus got it of the daughter he must have been a nut case as he had a shoot out with the cops in casa grande over unpaid fine an was shot dead!!! , the truck went to the wreckers an was saved from scrap by walt he got the truck home by lifting the rear axle onto a car trailer towed by a f100 chained it down an got hi son to steer it backwards for 22 miles thru2 small towns!!! he advertised it in aths an i bought it over the phone in07 we have been great mates since. iwent over in 08 i arrived at walts about noon ,fitted a starter new leads an batterys the key was still in the ignition i turned it an the buzzer n low air light cam on!!! this truck had not run in 22 years, next morning i replaced the rotten fuel lines an with new fuel primed the pt pump walt hit the starter an i worked the throttle manually it wound for about 5 secs an fired up as if it had been started the day before! now for a test drive it built air pressure oil pressure ok an no water leaks we were dumb founded out the gate an with walts instructions clean shifted all gears into top we turned around an headed back with 20 odd years of crap swirlin in the cab the girls were standin on the corner shakin there heads so walt yanked it on the rusty air horn chain it sqeeked an spat dust an feathers all over the hood then went beeeep we both pissed ourselves laughing, i knew then that if i could never afford to get this home what i had paid for it was worth that ride! walt an i were 20 years old again

More
13 years 3 months ago #44003 by bigcam
Grenfell, thats what you call buying a truck with history mate.

More
13 years 3 months ago #44004 by Scummy
What a mega find mate , and i see the needle nose has the ultra rare dash mounted air conditioner !!!!!!!!

More
13 years 3 months ago #44005 by Internutz
Kirky, great story about the 405 can't wait to see her in the flesh.
Please let Bruce know when you get her here, and if you let me come and see her, I promise to wear a bib! ;D

More
13 years 3 months ago #44006 by jimbo51

13 years 3 months ago #44007 by
thanks for the replies fellas the thing i enjoy most about this hobby is the people, there storys an the trucks i think ronhorse,s contribution to this forum is priceless!!!!! ps the s2 is in grenfell will try n get some pics plus some of the s model but im bloody hopeless at this

More
10 years 8 months ago #44008 by melonreo

Did you guys get any of these 405's in Aussie?

there must of been at least 1 came into OZ ,BIGCAM ,I am sure you had a pic of a big truck in a display shed out roma way or some where out west...it was red

More
10 years 8 months ago #44009 by Cunning Stunt
Think you're right Pat, it was an oil rig truck fom memory

Some play hard to get

More
10 years 8 months ago #44010 by binder

Kirky, great story about the 405 can't wait to see her in the flesh.
Please let Bruce know when you get her here, and if you let me come and see her, I promise to wear a bib! ;D[/quo

ya own her now bloke

melon theres one in a museum in qld ex oil rig truck
but about the last of them 61 -62 r series cab with bigger door windows, push button door handles, different front axle
front mount steerin box and nh 220 its basically a hyway spec most ihc oil rig trucks were the f230 d,s
chappo has one x transfield import

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds