Skip to main content

on line mack muster

12 years 4 months ago #58679 by
Replied by on topic Re: on line mack muster
A mate who owns a 454 E7 CH Mack with electronic throttle, claims the Mack electronic throttle is so touchy, he has to drive in bare feet.

He reckons when he's wearing boots, he loses all feel through the throttle, and often fluffs changes, and gets jerky changes.
He's an old bloke, a real careful operator, and he pulls triples constantly with it.

Starting off with fully loaded triples grossing 120 tonnes, is a black art. Too much throttle, and you can rip the guts out of the clutch .. too little throttle and you can stall the donk.

The art is to fully engage the clutch at just above idle RPM, without killing the motor. He reckons the electronic throttle makes starting off with 120 tonnes, a bigger black art, than it already is.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #58680 by ducky698
Replied by ducky698 on topic Re: on line mack muster
Hi, yep I will pass on the cummins. I have never had a real drama with take off with a triple. crawl before walk, a lot operators are to eager to get up to speed then cant work out why the tail shaft is sitting on the ground :o I know what you mean with the E7, I all ways blamed the mack 18 speed, there rite up there with the cummins.

Grant

More
12 years 4 months ago #58681 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: on line mack muster
Here's mine

Mack R600 1975&&Dodge D5N 400&&Fe 35 1958&&Tea 20 1951 &&Tea 20 1952

More
12 years 4 months ago #58682 by stevejr
Replied by stevejr on topic Re: on line mack muster
Hey I think I got it sorted