Skip to main content

Iannelli's

More
15 years 6 months ago #5126 by Cunning Stunt
Iannelli's was created by Cunning Stunt
I was trying to educate one of the younger guys at my work on the awesome fleet of trucks that were run by Iannelli's Transport back in the 80's. I've googled and came away with nothing.

Does anyone remember them and does anyone have any photos of their fleet of Road Boss's or Kenworths from back in the day???

Cheers

Bruce

Some play hard to get

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #5127 by
Replied by on topic Re: Iannelli's
Yep, remember them alright, here's the only photo that I know of.

www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/ev.../2003/dec16/rt57.jpg

This photo is one from Evan Richards collection, at Hanks Truck Pictures site.

Bit of a joke doing the rounds of the highways when this mob suddenly popped up from virtually no-where. The word on the road at the time was, that if you wanted to get stoned/high, just follow one of Ianellies and wait for him to have an accident and start burning, then breath in real deep.

He started out with a clapped out old Inter and with-in a couple of years, he had about half a dozen brand new ones on the road, he had to have the biggest most expensive gear that was available, yet he only pulled from around the Griffith/ Leeton/Murrembidgee area and went ALL over, normally on a one way drop off and directly to the main markets, you go figure it out. Maybe there was something to the scuttlebut, all I know is that one of his drivers got real uppity when confronted with this over the CB, the language was absolutely unbelievable.

Truckin-Life used to have some good side on photos of them jiggers, they looked real flash, so they used them quite often in that magazine.

regards greenie

15 years 6 months ago #5128 by
Here's another photo, if your still interested.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
15 years 6 months ago #5129 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Iannelli's
I heard from a VERY reliable source that there is to be an SAR KW restoration soon in Iannelli's colour's and I know it's going to be a good un

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
15 years 6 months ago #5130 by Cunning Stunt
Replied by Cunning Stunt on topic Re: Iannelli's
Still interested?? Greenie, I got goose bumps when I saw the photo of the cabover. It took me back to my mid teens when they used to leave Flemington Markets in Sydney and drive up past my work. They had a VIP cab Aerodyne as well which was a stunner.

Thanks for the photos mate. Can't wait to see the SAR finished either!

Some play hard to get

More
15 years 6 months ago #5131 by melonreo
Replied by melonreo on topic Re: Iannelli's
AAAAAHHHHHH the old night stalker.. she was a flash rig in her day there was a fellow modler who copied this truck and man i have never seen such a acurate model in a long time his name was phill norman. i think i might still have that old poster tucked away some were . but it is gonna take some finding and she would be getting tatty as it got hung up every were i went for years ,, i hope i didnt chuck it out in a slight fit of reality. some blokes would go to certian places in griffith to get loads and they would go to get out of the truck to help load and they would be told to come over here and have a coffee.. and when they got to sydney they were told to stay in the truck and have a sleep. while the trailer was unloaded :-? :o :-X... there was never any one around to unload my frieght for me :'( :( >:( ;D

15 years 6 months ago - 15 years 6 months ago #5132 by

AAAAAHHHHHH the old night stalker.. she was a flash rig in her day there was a fellow modler who copied this truck and man i have never seen such a acurate model in a long time his name was phill norman. i think i might still have that old poster tucked away some were . but it is gonna take some finding and she would be getting tatty as it got hung up every were i went for years ,, i hope i didnt chuck it out in a slight fit of reality. some blokes would go to certian places in griffith to get loads and they would go to get out of the truck to help load and they would be told to come over here and have a coffee.. and when they got to sydney they were told to stay in the truck and have a sleep. while the trailer was unloaded :-? :o :-X... there was never any one around to unload my frieght for me :'( :( >:( ;D

Hi Melonreo,

Do you happen to know where is Phil Norman is now-a-days?

You happen to say, fellow modeller, any link to what your doing ?

Hope you read the Second Posting, now you know why the scuttlebutt was runnin' hot with that lot. :o

Got a good story about some bouncing beef along those same lines of - go have a coffee while WE unload.

More
15 years 6 months ago #5133 by Bono
Replied by Bono on topic Re: Iannelli's
enough to make a bloke green with envy?

Cheers bono.

More
15 years 3 months ago #5134 by dangreen
Replied by dangreen on topic Re: Iannelli's
Who could forget these trucks - I recall driving past the depot in Canberra drooling over these bad boys.
They are still getting sround - very hard to get info on though.
Here is a link to a recent piccy :-) www.flickr.com/photos/joshbennett_22/3045763868/

15 years 1 month ago #5135 by
Reserecting an old post, but hey, aint it a thing of beauty ?

For those that DONT like KW's, then dont bloody well look.

www.motoringmatters.com.au/forum/index.php?showtopic=90

Hey Werkhorse, yah info was spot on.

Time to create page: 0.427 seconds