Skip to main content

Never happen before

More
12 years 5 months ago #69229 by scrubchomper

Coming home tonight on a back country road something happen that has never happen before and only people on this forum would truly understand.
I over took someone in the old 1418. :D
The truck I over took was an old Isuzu 4 or 5 tonners. Heavy overloaded with gravel. Might be the reason why he was sticking to the back roads.

He even pulled to one side so I could go passed which meant I could do the whole thank you thing with the blinkers.
There is finally another truck out there slower than me.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #69230 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: Never happen before
S'chomper ... you are slowly headed to the "big rig" status! ;D ;D Good feeling, hey?

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
12 years 5 months ago #69231 by prodrive
Replied by prodrive on topic Re: Never happen before
Well done Scrubby! Who would of thought eh?
When I was in my Atkinson years ago with 6LXB Gardner power (power?) 1418's used to pass me... So I thought 1418's weren't too bad...
But now I've got a 1418, and I know how slow IT is, it makes me wionder how me old Atkinson coulda been that slow...
Then again, back in the 80's, we sent my brother to Brisbane in a Perkins powered AB Inter, and I passed him on the Craigieburn hill on the way out of Melbourne... EVEN SLOWER!
Cheers
Richard

12 years 5 months ago #69232 by
Replied by on topic Re: Never happen before
I have extracted extreme enjoyment from passing Kenworths in my Bedford at 110kmh .. and I think I gave those same Kenworth drivers severely dented egos, and a possible onset of severe depression, when they watched a Bedford overtake them .. :D ;D

More
12 years 5 months ago #69233 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: Never happen before
I remember once overtaking a Mack Superliner, Going up "Tap hill".
In a D series Ford :o :o

I was about 19 & thought I was pretty clever 8-) bagging up a BIG superliner :D :D

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
12 years 5 months ago #69234 by geoffb
Replied by geoffb on topic Re: Never happen before
Was sworn to be secretive that this did not occur but it did. In the transporter (141 Scania prime mover grossing very light) on the way to race track and was passed by Kombi painted in flowers and all. :'(

More
12 years 5 months ago #69235 by Mike Moore
Replied by Mike Moore on topic Re: Never happen before
i've overtaken before. the truck had an old roller of some sort on the back and a big generator on the trailer... it was an Austin Loadstar K2 8-)

1971 International ACCO &&1971 International 564 &&196? Nuffield BMC mini &&

12 years 5 months ago #69236 by
Replied by on topic Re: Never happen before

In the transporter (141 Scania prime mover grossing very light) on the way to race track and was passed by Kombi painted in flowers and all.

Geoff - Yes, no doubt that was the Kombi belonging to the little old hippy lady, who was just testing out the new Porsche engine, before going to the Sunday drags. I understand they drop straight in .. 8-)
The mind boggles, just thinking about what a Kombi handles like, at 110 or 120kmh .. let alone trying to stop it .. :'(

More
12 years 5 months ago #69237 by fxs80
Replied by fxs80 on topic Re: Never happen before
Ron
Early hours one Monayy morning, heading to work, must of been around '72, lights on Burwood Hwy FTG (Vic)
Dark green kombi BLEW me away, Mickey Thompson tyres and with gaping mouth saw in bold letters across eng lid PORSCHE as it disapeared in a heat haze :o :o :o :o :o
Gary (sorry bit 'off post')

1939 D2

Time to create page: 0.488 seconds