Skip to main content

17 inch tyres

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #76508 by latta1966
17 inch tyres was created by latta1966
hope somebody can spread some light 17 inch tyres seem to be hard to come by i have an abm-130 metro van and wondering what tyre options i have the way i see it the options i have
option 1/get a more modern rim it is a 5 stud but I dont know what else is the same??? isuzu is five stud but not sure of pcd
option 2/fit 17 4x4 tyre i don't know is this can be done or if is safe load rating etc if possable may be a softer ride
option 3/I could possibly go to 20 inch inter 5 stud rims don't know if i want to raise the old girl that much as i have to load things in and out
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by latta1966.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #76509 by Bruce99
Replied by Bruce99 on topic Re: 17 inch tyres
So what exactly are you after?
I know where there are (or were) 4 17" tyres, tubes on rims & with hubs/bearings.
Some time ago I cut both ends of the axle off & welded them to 10ft or so of heavy borecasing. Threw all the brake components away & made up aluminium covers to replace the axle 'ends'. It came out of an Inter from memory. Possibly the front wheels etc are still out there.
Can't vouch for condition now....... they were rags & may be sitting flat now.
(in case you ask....... it was for a beach launch boat trailer for decent sized boat)

***********&&---Bruce99---&&***********

More
12 years 2 months ago #76510 by latta1966
Replied by latta1966 on topic Re: 17 inch tyres
thanks for the reply i am after new tyres the tyres on the truck now are 10-15 years old and cracked and i dont wont to take my chances as 17 inch tyres are hard to get i am looking at all options
thanks craig

More
12 years 2 months ago #76511 by Beaver
Replied by Beaver on topic Re: 17 inch tyres

Beaver@ Museum of Fire

More
12 years 2 months ago #76512 by bund126
Replied by bund126 on topic Re: 17 inch tyres
you used to be able to get Sunstone brand tyres in 7.50-17 for around $230

More
12 years 2 months ago #76513 by DLineInter
Replied by DLineInter on topic Re: 17 inch tyres
Yep, Sunstone and I got them from Beaurepaires, not sure they are still available but ask anyway...

Time to create page: 0.500 seconds