Skip to main content

mack f models

More
11 years 11 months ago #84680 by youngmack
mack f models was created by youngmack
I would have to say that these old girls in my opinion were a true work horse in there day. fiberglass cab means no rust and all pedigree drive line meant a one stop shop for service and repairs. I grew up with these old girls and the history behind them is simply amazing so i thought it would be an idea to have a post for fmodels to match the b-models flinstones and superliners.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #84681 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: mack f models
Ruff, ruff, springs to mind. :o

Trust me

More
11 years 11 months ago #84682 by hayseed
Replied by hayseed on topic Re: mack f models
Good Idea, Youngmack!!!

here's one that did a real good job for Me quite a few years ago......

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
11 years 11 months ago #84683 by Bugly
Replied by Bugly on topic Re: mack f models
Yer locker door's still open. Things might get knocked off if you don't close it. ;)

1948 Fordson E83W 10/10 pickup

More
11 years 11 months ago #84684 by IHScout
Replied by IHScout on topic Re: mack f models
Does anybody remember NQX (North Queensland Express?). They seemed to run all F model Macks from what I saw coming into the yard where I worked in Melbourne in the late 70's.

Dennis

More
11 years 11 months ago #84685 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: mack f models
NQX and QRX were part of Carpentaria Transport, half owned by TNT. QRX was the rail freight division and NQX the road freight division., one of their bigger subbies, Jimmy Latter used a lot of Macks, later Scania's, now KW's, I can't recall to many F models, mainly R models, though they may have had a subbie that ran south, Jimmy's stuff was mainly Queensland I thought. I remember QRX having one F model. It's all Toll now I think. Werkhorse probobly has more answers Scout.

More
11 years 11 months ago #84686 by dirtNroad
Replied by dirtNroad on topic Re: mack f models
Hi here's my first truck. F785RST, 6 cyl maxidyne, 5 speed with highway axles & wedge brakes. I believe was origonally Mayne Nickless as it was fitted with 10.00-22 tube type rims. Steel cabin with steering box on RHS.

More
11 years 10 months ago #84687 by Debo
Replied by Debo on topic Re: mack f models
please be patient

yahoo i got it, good on me! :D

More
11 years 9 months ago #84688 by Mack and Benz
Replied by Mack and Benz on topic Re: mack f models
Nice one Debo, is that an FIR700 by any chance. They were certainly bold and hansom. My father drove one in the 80's for Grinters of Swifts Creek, Green an white, 350 Maxidyne 6sp maxitorque. Air Conditioning Unit on it's roof. Trying to see if I can find it's where abouts for his 60th. Any one seen one?

Time to create page: 0.514 seconds