Skip to main content

DODGE ENGINE OVERHAUL

More
11 years 3 months ago #106551 by orange-guy
Hello everyone. I wish to put a 1979 isuzu sbr engine in my dodge 675. THe current engine in it is a international petrol v8, which, no joke uses about 4 liters of petrol just to raise the tipper. WHat happened was it was out of timing by a tiny bit and then someone thought theyd tinker with it, and consequently got it in the state its in. Ive spent hours tried to fix it, and had many people come to look at it, probably wasted 40 liters of petrol in the process. Anyone have a piece of golden info? anyone know hoew easy it is to change the engine? Thanks in advance. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #106552 by toe truk Billy
Orange guy,
Hey Isuzu's fit easy. I put in a 6BG1 and six speed into my 1610. I've also got P/S and A/C going into it too. Drives great Brisbane to Cairns on 400lts at $1-10 all the way. My only change with it is to change the box, more gears for climbing muddy hills- it's 4x4 drive.
But the Isuz's fit so easy.

More
11 years 3 months ago #106553 by kenny-mopar
the inter v8 you time from number 8 cylinder also needless to say because of the low compression you can run a fair bit of advance ... but if you really want to advance things put a isuzu 6BD1t or 6BG1 ...no matter what you do to a inter V8 they drink like a camel with two humps (thats the good looking camels ;) )

More
11 years 3 months ago - 11 years 3 months ago #106554 by orange-guy
I notice there is no mid engine mounts on inter motor, only a big mount at the front. The Isuzu want to put in has mids. Did you guys have the same problem? Also how long does it take to get the cab off em? I hate cramped work espicialy when a weld jobs in order :-/ :-/

www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cambridge/heavy-...sbr-motor/1014124113
Last edit: 11 years 3 months ago by orange-guy.

More
11 years 3 months ago #106555 by toe truk Billy
Orange guy, It's a easy engineering thing. A plate either side and one under the engine extending to the front mount. I used the Inter radiator, as it is of larger capacity. With the gear box, I used the cable arrangement, it can be mounted anywhere you want. The cab, I left it on, removed the front nose( bar, grille,front panel). It can be done with that. I had to change my guards so they came off- only as I had to change them. The one thing I will be doing when I swap the box is to put a jackshaft damper on as the this stops the deisel percussion getting to the transfer box. Petrol engines don't have this and smooths out the ride too.

Time to create page: 0.447 seconds