Skip to main content

So, just got my HR licence, what's next?

More
14 years 11 months ago #8991 by fieldsmark
Hello ppl
and thank you to those for previous support.
Just got my HR licence (restricted to manual and automatic transmissions, no road ranger, crashbox); had 2 days of training, well trained & assessed. If someone needs a good trainer call Big Rig driving school, George 0413 305 826.
Since I just got my licence need further advice, hints, recommendations regarding finding a suitable work.
I use to be a computer technician, but as there is not much computer work around I decided to go this way and extend my qualifications. I am well technically minded person with good IQ. Other quals that I have:

been driving manual cars since 1999.
First Aid certificate.
advance computer literate.
OH&S green/white card.
have some labour/renovations experience
have some hospitality experience, can operate commercial coffee machine

Need some advice from you guys who also got your HR licence (remember that first day?) and what did you do to look for work to apply it?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #8992 by monty
Well Done.

May be you could start of with getting on the foot falcon and introduce your self, explain bla bla just got your license looking for work do you have any, or evan can i off side so i can lern how to load, chain, secure etc,

choose a large to medium place that would have heaps of blokes and you could shadow for a bit so they know you can handle their gear and loads, just so they can trust you can do the job safely etc.

May be good to get a forklift ticket so you could be more use around the yard, so you can load and unload your own stuff etc,

i am not a truckie but thats how i would start, may be look in the paper owner/driver have heaps of jobs, ring up some of the firms if there is some other opening etc www.ownerdriver.com.au/

But there are heaps of others on this forum that can point in right direction.

-Monty ;)

14 years 11 months ago #8993 by
Well your one step up the ladder i got my licence when i had a job so continued on doing the job but i now had the licence which was great .

i,m still driving trucks 38 years later and it's been the best life i ever had .

I was past by a Fox (LINFOX) and that might be the way to go as they are always looking for drivers and give on the job training. Dave

14 years 11 months ago #8994 by
What's next, eh?

Well, let's see, plenty of bloody hard graft, for not much reward.

Now if you reckon that being a steering wheel attendant is a good easy job, the go for it, then you and I will have a conversation again, after about ten years and see what you think of it then.

Good luck in your job hunting and I do hope you find something that you like and well done getting that little bit-o-paper.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

• Swishy
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #8995 by Swishy

Dedleee
GuddayM8

RE: i got my licence when i had a job
n here eye twaz thinkn all the time
U got 'ure lie sense from the weetiez paket

OR