Skip to main content

NOISE

More
11 years 1 month ago #111333 by steveb
NOISE was created by steveb
All this talk of the sounds of trucks southbound through the hole in the wall..........Sorry fellas nothing like a 345 Inter 361 Dodge,or a '90 with a 406 in full cry. Plenty of trips through there in Crummins and screamers ,but nothing like the bark of the old petrol engines,still makes the blood go cold!!!!!!!!!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111334 by kleener
Replied by kleener on topic Re: NOISE
yeah well you should have been trying to get to sleep in a house halfway up the hill, thats all I can say!

Broken down farmer
CW41 Tipper, Cw41 Beavertail, Cw41 8 wheeler, CWA45 + Dog + Tag, Volvo F724, Mercedes 1424 Tautliner, CK Single Drive Prime Mover. 1982 Hino Bus converted to motorhome.
I am a masochist.

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #111335 by RocksnRoses
Replied by RocksnRoses on topic Re: NOISE

yeah well you should have been trying to get to sleep in a house halfway up the hill, thats all I can say!

LMAO! ;D There is always two sides to every story.

I do agree with steveb though, a 345, 361 or 392 at full noise had a sound all of their own. There were quite a few around here pulling semis and on a crisp morning during harvest, you could hear them for miles.

RnR.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by RocksnRoses.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111336 by Dodge fan
Replied by Dodge fan on topic Re: NOISE

Just wondering, did you move into the house before or after the trucks came through? ;)
Billy 8-)

Playing around at Dodge City
Dodge AT4-760&&FB Holden Ute

More
11 years 1 month ago #111337 by waynestr
Replied by waynestr on topic Re: NOISE

I was broken down there one night around midnigh,t and a resident came by and had a similiar complaint. I just calmly said to him think how lucky you really are. When the noise has died down in a while you can get a good nights sleep, we have to put up with it for another 10 hours. He muttered something as he walked away, but I couldnt really hear what he said. I dont think he agreed with me though.

More
11 years 1 month ago #111338 by kleener
Replied by kleener on topic Re: NOISE
Not my house, my brother's - he bought there because it was cheap, still lives there and now it is quiet as well.

Broken down farmer
CW41 Tipper, Cw41 Beavertail, Cw41 8 wheeler, CWA45 + Dog + Tag, Volvo F724, Mercedes 1424 Tautliner, CK Single Drive Prime Mover. 1982 Hino Bus converted to motorhome.
I am a masochist.

Time to create page: 0.487 seconds