Skip to main content

Bedford TK photos

More
14 years 11 months ago #9184 by Andy Wright
Hi chaps

I'm looking for pics of working TKs in their heyday so I can work out a scheme for mine. I'd prefer to recreate a Victorian scheme if I can but, failing that, will probably go yellow but will probably change my mind.

My TK is the eight tonner flatbed if that helps narrow things down. Bruce (Cunning Stunt) and I have mused over putting a van on the back and turning her into an Arnott's truck as has been discussed earlier but, particularly from a signwriting point of view, I might go a bit cheaper for the time being.

Any help most appreciated. Don't forget I'm a sandgroper so need pictures to know what you lot are talking about!

Andy&&&&Whatever rubs your buddah.&&&&Got Bedfords? http://bedfordtr

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Swishy
  • Away
  • If U don't like my Driving .... well then get off the footpath ...... LOL
More
14 years 11 months ago #9185 by Swishy
Replied by Swishy on topic Re: Bedford TK photos

Andy
GuddayM8

RE: probably go yellow

Th@ reminds me Yellow express were a large haulage mob Aus wide
now just taxi trucks in Sydney
they had @ least one Bedford TK tray truck

www.yellowexpress.com.au/history.asp

they mighta bin called yellow but me thinks the color twaz more a orange

Cya

[ch9787]

OF ALL THE THINGS EYE MISS ................. EYE MISS MY MIND THE MOST

There's more WORTH in KENWORTH

More
14 years 11 months ago #9186 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
An awesome old fleet. They look great even in black and white. Thanks Swish.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9187 by atkipete
Replied by atkipete on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
Great photos, now what are those vans ? Middle row , fourth photo ??

More
14 years 11 months ago #9188 by kennymopar2
Replied by kennymopar2 on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
the arnotts vans looked good for the day .. also (if any one can remember?)the i think it was waltons department store austin removal vans with the walk through cab . . but thats showing my age a bit :P

14 years 11 months ago #9189 by
Replied by on topic Re: Bedford TK photos

Hi chaps

I'm looking for pics of working TKs in their heyday so I can work out a scheme for mine. I'd prefer to recreate a Victorian scheme if I can but, failing that, will probably go yellow but will probably change my mind.

My TK is the eight tonner flatbed if that helps narrow things down. Bruce (Cunning Stunt) and I have mused over putting a van on the back and turning her into an Arnott's truck as has been discussed earlier but, particularly from a signwriting point of view, I might go a bit cheaper for the time being.

Any help most appreciated. Don't forget I'm a sandgroper so need pictures to know what you lot are talking about!

Why not just paint it red and then add F.H.STEPHENS to the doors, big bold and black writing with yellow shadows, somebody on here must have some coloured photos of that lot.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
14 years 11 months ago #9190 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
Want to join the NFI Transport Fleet? A neighbour into Morris Minor's brought a friend from his club around the other week. He looked at the truck, then the XP ute when he said "something's missing, where's the fleet name?" :o so I am sure more people could join :D

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
14 years 11 months ago - 14 years 11 months ago #9191 by Andy Wright
Replied by Andy Wright on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
If ever there was someone who needed NFI on his truck, it's me, Bruce.

No idea who FH Stephens are, Greenie. Am trying to stay away from having a red (or green) truck though! Thanks for the suggestion, would love to see one of their trucks.

Last edit: 14 years 11 months ago by Andy Wright.

More
14 years 11 months ago #9192 by werkhorse
Replied by werkhorse on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
[quote author=greenie link=1243505736/0#5 date=1243537343

Why not just paint it red and then add F.H.STEPHENS to the doors, big bold and black writing with yellow shadows, somebody on here must have some coloured photos of that lot.

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif][/quote]

Geez I'd love ta see some coloured pic's of those trucks there isn't a lot of B/W ones about let alone coloured

You might Laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same

More
14 years 11 months ago #9193 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Re: Bedford TK photos
Andy,
Millers (I think I got it right) in Mordialloc had bedfords amognst their very mixed fleet, they were Burgundy/ dark red with multi coloured striping... very smart, (may still be in business too) though I am not sure they didnt borrow their whole scheme from some one like Wettenhalls

TNT, Fleetexpress, Alltrans, NQX, etc all ran the same orange paint and had lots of beddies on local people would certainly look twice to see one of them tottling down the street today. :o

Sarge :-X

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.799 seconds