Skip to main content

Bedford k semi restoration

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162633 by fjwb
heres some updated pics of my Bedford K. The aim of this project is to retain the truck as is but rebuilt to a roadworthy and useable state. Brakes are now overhauled, wheels blasted, repaired and repainted. New Le hu 20x7" tyres. Not pictured are the front mud guards which required some minor repairs so I have re painted them black. I use a fairly strong degreaser that has mostly stripped a more modern coat of paint of it and exposed the original colour. Gear shift fulcrum pins have been replaced, the shifter is now quite nice. Waiting for a new wiring harness and seat to be re trimmed. I'll replace the timber for the tray and head board over the next week or so. Took it for a spin today. It goes a lot better than I expected, won't be using first gear much though!
[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by fjwb.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162634 by oldgmc
Keep up the good work fjwb, don,t suppose we'll see at Yarra Glen then

Old trucks will make you poor but not unhappy
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by oldgmc.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162635 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Re: Bedford k semi restoration
Yarra glen is a bit too far and too short notice for me this year. But I'm hoping to get it done in time for the local convoy for kids here in the Illawarra.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162636 by AT4114
Top looking old truck there fjwb keep us posted with your progress cheers Bryant :)

More
8 years 6 months ago #162637 by fjwb
I need a lock barrel for the passenger door if anyone has or knows where I can get one.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162638 by Mrsmackpaul
thats a great old truck there should be great when done something a bit different to have

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162639 by defective
G'day fjwb .. great to see you here on the truck forum, and your Beddy is a great old original survivor...

...there is a very strong movement these days to see things just as they were, and as the old saying goes...."they're only original once"

8-) 8-)
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by defective.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162640 by Pierre
Nice one fwjb, same as mine. Can you tell me where you bought your tyres & wiring loom. Sorry I can't help with a door lock.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
8 years 6 months ago #162641 by fjwb
Tyres are LE HU brand sourced through beaurepaires. The guy initially wrote down the name and told me to ring around as id probably find them cheaper. I spent quite a few hours doing that with most places just scratching their head. Antique tyres was the only other supplier I found and they were more expensive than beaurepaires. Wiring harness has been ordered through vinwire.com.au

More
8 years 6 months ago #162642 by Pierre
Thanks fjwb, for sharing that info. All the best with the resto.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.470 seconds