Skip to main content

Bedford k semi restoration

More
8 years 1 month ago #168463 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Bedford k semi restoration
Had a good tonne in the back of the Bedford today. Didnt seem to make that much difference performance wise, it still lugged away quite happily. Made it a hell of a lot more comfortable to drive though. There's a few bumps on my local road i know quite well now, after having my skull drilled through the roof of the truck, a bit of weight smoothed it out so much it was almost like riding in a limo.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #168465 by defective
...and that's the rub fjwb .. every truck known to man was meant to cart some sort of load. My old 1966 cabover Peterbilt prime mover jumps and bucks all over the place bobtail, but stick a trailer on back with 9 ton over the drive and 40 ton all up, and she drives.. as you mentioned.. like the proverbial limo......
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by defective.

More
8 years 1 month ago #168491 by fjwb
I'd actually considered putting something in the back for ballast. A few hay bales would look ok but not be heavy enough. Maybe a couple of concrete blocks disguised as hay bales would do the trick!

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #170059 by fjwb
The Bedford earning it's keep moving just over a tonne of bricks to the crusher. Had a gps speedo in the hands of my offsider on the way home and the old girl hit 105kph on the highway. She is running faultlessly after the few upgrades.
Attachments:
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by fjwb.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mrsmackpaul

More
7 years 11 months ago #170070 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic Bedford k semi restoration
fjwb, that's brilliant. :)
Might pay to keep the next load of bricks on board!
Pleased to hear all those mods are going well, I'll be looking to do the same on my K in due course.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

Time to create page: 0.393 seconds