Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162644 by AT4114
Top job there what a transformation really looks tops :) cheers Bryant

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162645 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Re: Bedford k semi restoration
Whilst practical in its days of work I think the steel edges of the old tray made it look ugly. The timber tray looks much nicer and I have also narrowed it down a bit to make it easier to live with in its new life. I'm going to finish it off with some iron bark edging and run a tie down rod through the cross beams.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by fjwb.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162646 by Pierre
fjwb, yes I agree, the old two pallet wide tray is not practical for those of us in suburbia where garage space is limited. That tray looks great, I look forward to seeing the side edging & tie down rods in place. Are you having drop-down sides? Can you share the name of your supplier of the hardwood fjwb?
I note previous posts on another forum subject that identify Austins & Bedfords as slow movers in todays modern traffic. Are you doing anything to the motor to increase performance?
Keep up great work
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
8 years 6 months ago #162647 by hayseed
Nice job, fjwb.....

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162648 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Re: Bedford k semi restoration
Re performance, I'm not too concerned. My intended use for the vehicle will mean it will mainly be used locally early in the morning and later in the afternoon. I'll see how it goes and assess it later. I intend to make a few reliability improvements like electronic ignition. Timber is from the sawmill trading company in Albion Park Rail. There is about $900 worth of timber in the tray.
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by fjwb.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162831 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Bedford k semi restoration
Just installed a new wiring harness into the K. The old one was well and truly stuffed so other than running the motor, lights etc didn't work. After installing the headlights only work with the ignition switched to 'on' is this correct? doesn't seem right? I know everything is correct other than possibly a mistake at the ignition switch, the instructions didn't really correspond to the switch terminals.

More
8 years 6 months ago #162912 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Bedford k semi restoration
It is not right. Seems like the loom was made for a combined ignition/light switch - typically the key went in the centre and the light switch rotated around it. Different set of terminals for each function and there will be a bridge (Possibly built in) to get power to both (unswitched) sides.
Who did you get the loom off?

More
8 years 6 months ago #162916 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Bedford k semi restoration
Was my mistake, had to change two wires around and it's all good. My truck has the combination switch, with a print out of the wiring diagram from the service manual and the loom instructions all is now good. The harness is from vinwire. It's about the 10th harness I've used from them and they are always top quality. My main problem this time was that the original harness was so bad it was impossible to use it to help fitting the new one.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #162918 by defective
..Hi fjwb .. could you post Vinwires' contact details ...i would love to have two Commer R7 looms made up....cheers

...duh .. just googled them .. all good and will give them a yell
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by defective.

Time to create page: 0.496 seconds