Skip to main content

Bedford k semi restoration

More
8 years 4 months ago #164677 by Pierre
Replied by Pierre on topic Bedford k semi restoration
Yeah, great work fjwb.

I think I'm going to be faced with the same repairs on my K engine when I get to that stage. :(

Can I ask where you obtained the NOS piston rings?

I've got JP Pistons here in Adelaide who could help me if need be.

best of luck with the truck enjoy.
cheers Pierre

Pierre

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164767 by fjwb
Replied by fjwb on topic Bedford k semi restoration
Ring set was obtained from auto surplus in South Australia. Gasket set was obtained from precision engine parts in Sydney, although it was the wrong one and the head gasket and rocker gasket were wrong. Being a low comp engine with unpressurized cooling I took the chance and re used the old head gasket. I purchased the correct gaskets through eBay. I'm just waiting on my radiator to rebuilt and then she will be back in service.

More
8 years 4 months ago #164784 by scratcha
Replied by scratcha on topic Bedford k semi restoration
She's a credit to you, blokes like you and fill of late have really got the bedford juices flowing, top quality work, no obstacle too large, a credit to the hobby!

Please dont park too close to mine.......its rough enough without good workmanship to compare it too! :unsure:

1418 Benz now really impressing the bride :-)

More
8 years 4 months ago #164852 by Pierre
Thanks for the parts info fjwb, appreciate it.
cheers
Pierre :)

Pierre

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #165038 by fjwb
New radiator fitted, HEI ignition, 85 amp alternator upgrade, quick hone and nos rings and the old girl is very happy. No more smoke cloud following behind, starts easy and the engine runs silky smooth, temp gauge stays in the happy zone even with a hard run up a hill. I'm really enjoying driving it, although have to monitor the bumps in the road a bit more so I don't put dent in the roof the shape of my head. The engine bay needs a cleanup, still dirty from the overheating radiator and engine work.
Here's a few pics, last two are the HEI ignition and alternator conversion.
[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by fjwb.

More
8 years 4 months ago #165039 by Mrsmackpaul
great stuff glad its running like a dream now

Paul

Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

More
8 years 4 months ago #165058 by Pierre
Yeah, top job here fjwb.

Just curious are those front tyres larger than the rears? what sizes are you running?
My manual states Fronts: 32 x 6 Truck Type, Rears & Spare 32 x 6 Heavy Duty (whatever that means?)
My original tyres were 7.00 x 20.00 10ply

Also what's that blue canister by the distributor? I don't have one of those on my K?

Great work
Pierre

Pierre

More
8 years 4 months ago #165064 by fjwb
Tyres are Le hu 20 x 7's all round. They are in the country though it seems few retailers know how to get them! Beaurepaires port Kembla had no problem getting these for me and cheaper than vintage tyres.
The blue canister is a 12 volt klaxon I've had sitting on the shelf for 10 years just waiting for the right home!

More
8 years 4 months ago #165075 by Pierre
Ha ha, Love it fjwb. :)
Would you be able to share a photo of your exhaust pipe from the cabin back & how it's attached & terminated (straight or bent at the end). Mine's all missing.
cheers
Pierre

Pierre

More
8 years 4 months ago #165082 by asw120
Replied by asw120 on topic Bedford k semi restoration
I wonder if 32 is the diameter, so 6.00x20 recommended. (if you can even get them)

Jarrod.

“I offer my opponents a bargain: if they will stop telling lies about us, I will stop telling the truth about them”

― Adlai E. Stevenson II

Time to create page: 0.450 seconds