Skip to main content

Lights On The Hill - Slim Dusty

More
13 years 4 months ago #39076 by Inta ACCOs
In response to Dave's comments about royalties, as a general rule you pay them when you commercially release something and start making money off it yourself (which I haven't done yet). Ian Simpson, the guy who plays pedal steel on it was actually Slim's lead guitarist for parts of the 80s & 90s and he's given me Joy's address as if he thinks she'd be keen to hear it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #39077 by Inta ACCOs
Ouch, thought this thread was long dead... Learn't my lesson, will stick to talking about trucks not music. Cheers, Joe

More
12 years 9 months ago #39078 by tim
Inta ACCO'S did you have a peek at Slim's "Old Dingo " yet Mate. Like to hear what you thought of it. Cheers Tim

1989 FORD F350 Lariat Crewcab Dually

More
12 years 9 months ago #39079 by RocksnRoses
Inta ACCO'S, don't give up music because of the comments here, I am sure there are other areas you are very good at.

To me, Slim will always be Slim, no one will ever take his place or emulate his music. I first saw Slim in the early 60's at The Adelaide Show and have been a fan of his ever since. He is the true Australia, he sings of the bush and the battlers who opened it up and went on to build this great country into what it is today. It saddens me a little, to see people who have no idea of the history and the blood, sweat and tears that got us to where we are, slowly destroy it.

If I want to get away from this mad rat race for a few minutes, I will put Slim's music on, lay back, listen to the words and drift back into the real Australia.

RnR.

More
12 years 9 months ago #39080 by insomniac

Thanks for your comments Tim,
<snipped>
"Old Dingo" clip. Slim is certainly well known but I also think it's a bit a of tradegy that very people know who artists like Tex Morton and Buddy Williams are in Australia.

Cheers,
Joe

I owe you one as I had never heard of "old dingo" before.
Apologise if I was a bit hard on ya earlier this week, its just how the days and the memories get some times.

Some of us have not for gotten them Joe. I remember a Buddy Williams road show at Renmark waaaaay back.
He had a very talented girl singer with him as well forgot her name now but she had a fantastic voice.
Yer left out Reg Lindsay ;D .

Normally I don't take to Americanization of Australian things especially the way we talk but I will forgive their country singers and pedal guitarists are some of the best.
This is one of them singers too.
www.metrolyrics.com/life-gets-teejus-don...ank-williams-jr.html .
There`s stacks of others including Emmy Lou Harris and other girls too.
Rock and Almost heavy metal like SteppenWolf is good to.

If you want some little known good screens n really heavy metal themes you can get it from here.
ubuntusatanic.org/screenshots.php .
It is a linux take off on some other edition of ubuntu but the artwork and such is "DarkArt" and will run on any platform.

I like Rocks n Roses Idea "no stress life style"

More
12 years 9 months ago #39081 by BK

Inta ACCO'S, don't give up music because of the comments here, I am sure there are other areas you are very good at.

To me, Slim will always be Slim, no one will ever take his place or emulate his music. I first saw Slim in the early 60's at The Adelaide Show and have been a fan of his ever since. He is the true Australia, he sings of the bush and the battlers who opened it up and went on to build this great country into what it is today. It saddens me a little, to see people who have no idea of the history and the blood, sweat and tears that got us to where we are, slowly destroy it.

If I want to get away from this mad rat race for a few minutes, I will put Slim's music on, lay back, listen to the words and drift back into the real Australia.

RnR.

Spot on mate, the thing I like about Slims music is that he researched his topic, "the roadranger whines in my ear", "the chatter of quad box sticks", and Goulbourne Hill, I got caught out there on my first trip south, bloody right hander at the bottom, over the railway bridge, then a left hander off it, and still a down hill run into town.
All his old songs told a story (most of them true), his music will never be replaced.

Trust me

More
12 years 9 months ago #39082 by Chocs
bit of credit might need to go to the lady who wrote the better part of em too ay?

chocs 8-)

More
12 years 9 months ago #39083 by knighty
Good on ya INTER for havin a go, brave man to take on a slim song a bit different, spose we're all used to slims style and nothin different, ya sound a lot better than i would if i had a go. JK :) :)

Lotsa Big Toys

Time to create page: 0.544 seconds