Skip to main content

Todays WOTIZZIT?

More
13 years 1 month ago #47697 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
..............mmn so let's get this right - the guys who are into Macks and don't want the V word mentioned... actually love Scanias?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #47698 by brisbeddy
Replied by brisbeddy on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
A great BIG Surfboat Steering Paddler to mammoth.
heh heh

It sucks to get old and decrepit !

• Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #47699 by
Replied by on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
Mammoth, it looks like the Mack lovers are stuck with the Swedish connection, no matter how much they try to claim all-American heritage in all the Macks, before the Vulva era .. :)

I was interested to find that Scania claim they have never entered the U.S. truck market, because U.S. truck buyers are used to a standard choice of third-party engines, when they buy a truck.
Scania would not entertain any options besides an all-Scania drivetrain.

Interestingly, Mack went through similar stages. Originally, it was all-Mack drivetrain, no ifs or buts .. then it was a choice of 3rd party engines and trannies .. then it was back to all-Mack drivetrain, only .. then it was back to choices again.
Now, I think you could probably stick your head under a Mack bonnet, and never know what you'd find, by way of engine and tranny make and origin .. :(

More
13 years 1 month ago #47700 by BK
Replied by BK on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
Well that old B model I owned ( and it was old in 69) the under and over box was an allison, coupled by a very short jack shaft.
Ex Marion Downs in western Qld.

Trust me

• Topic Author
13 years 1 month ago #47701 by
Replied by on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
Onetrack, minus a few slurps, fair exchange seeing I missed part of the Q.

BK, great pic, it may be a B613S.

Jeff.

More
13 years 1 month ago #47702 by jeffo
Replied by jeffo on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
8' 1" widespread and tandem drive, about as big as one rig could get in the early 70's.
Nice to see a widespread again.

More
13 years 1 month ago #47703 by TC
Replied by TC on topic Re: Todays WOTIZZIT?
I just went looking through my book on the history 1895 to 1995 L&K Skoda the L&K bit was "Laurin & Klement who made motorcycles then cars & trucks back in 1919 in the Czech Republic where some of the worlds toughest trucks are made & consumed by the folks in the USSR by the train load .
I am looking for the book on TATRA in english they also made cars & trucks not many made it to our shores
Tatra still races trucks in the big off road events all wheel drive monsters I will try & lift some pictures from the pages & post them here
TC .

Time to create page: 0.434 seconds