Skip to main content

Site locking?

More
10 years 3 days ago #141318 by overnite
Site locking? was created by overnite
Anybody else having problems with the site locking after looking at a few posts?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 days ago #141319 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Re: Site locking?
Yes. We are waiting to be told a date when we can move the forum to a different server at the service providers. They have several highly active forums and websites on the one server and it isn't coping with the load

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
10 years 3 days ago #141320 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic Re: Site locking?
Over the past week I have been getting dumped with Error 104, which could be a pc problem but as it is only happening on HCVC most likely a mis-match between Vista and older forum program and logon information.

More
10 years 3 days ago #141321 by ray
Replied by ray on topic Re: Site locking?
Today is the first time I have been able to access the website properly for 5-6 days. I kept getting "link appears broken" every time and have been pulling my hair out thinking it was a problem with my computer, even sent a few emails out to try and sort it. I must say that now access is a lot faster than it has been.

More
10 years 3 days ago #141322 by overnite
Replied by overnite on topic Re: Site locking?

Yes. We are waiting to be told a date when we can move the forum to a different server at the service providers. They have several highly active forums and websites on the one server and it isn't coping with the load

Thanks, glad its not my laptop.

More
10 years 2 days ago #141323 by bparo

Today is the first time I have been able to access the website properly for 5-6 days. I kept getting "link appears broken" every time and have been pulling my hair out thinking it was a problem with my computer, even sent a few emails out to try and sort it. I must say that now access is a lot faster than it has been.

Also the kids have gone back to school. The Internet up here degrades around the time the school bus goes past and in Melbourne it would degrade around 3:45. The take up of ipads etc has increased internet usage way past what people thought when the phone and Internet cables were laid

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
9 years 11 months ago #141324 by bparo
the move to a less-busy server has been completed. There may be an issue for a day or 2 as the internet updates itself. However we should not see any more of those resource issues.

If they are still happening after Thursday please let me know via a comment on here when you eventually get in

Time to create page: 0.438 seconds