Skip to main content

Glitches

More
5 years 4 months ago #197387 by Blackduck59
Glitches was created by Blackduck59
Have had a few posts disappear and strange happenings.
Replied to the Old Ford Tipper in the Public page.
When I replied there were no other replies showing. Went back in later and there were a few other replies date stamped before my reply.
Went in to edit the post and now it has just gone.

Not the first time posts have disappeared

Any thoughts?
Cheers Steve

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #197388 by Gryphon
Replied by Gryphon on topic Glitches
Hi,

that one is not a glitch, but something working as designed, but I do need to look into it.

In the Public Post area the posts need to be manually approved before they can be seen, this way stop everyone from seeing the skimpy clad girls that want to date you and the pharmaceutical ways to improve your manhood etc. This is why yours and the other replies all appeared at once when I approved them this morning, and I thought about just approving one but then figured I would have to explain why no-one else's posts appeared.

The 'glitch' is that it used to be that registered/logged in members didn't have to wait for approval, so I need to follow that up.

The issue discussed elsewhere about the first or last post disappearing is fixed in the next major version of the software that I have been testing, but unfortunately there is a bit of effort required to get across to the new version so it hasn't made it to the top of to-do list yet. The posts aren't missing, the Forum software is just having trouble counting how many posts to display on a page so the first or last depending on your settings is getting dropped.

Terry
The following user(s) said Thank You: dno

More
5 years 4 months ago #197390 by Blackduck59
Replied by Blackduck59 on topic Glitches
Terry,
Thanks for the quick response.
Will keep track of which section I am in if another one disappears, don't think they were all in the Public area.
All good.
Cheers Steve

More
4 years 8 months ago #202350 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic Glitches
replied to a thread in the public area about a truck for sale and it disappeared as well, twice plus no image was available to view.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
4 years 8 months ago #202359 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic Glitches

cobbadog wrote: replied to a thread in the public area about a truck for sale and it disappeared as well, twice plus no image was available to view.

There were no pictures. I tried to edit the post in case they had attached them but not inserted them but there was nothing there. There are no contact details for the seller either and I can't get hold of them to warn them for the same reason.

Regarding your posts. Everything in that public area needs moderator approval before it is visible. I have approved your posts and they are there now

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
4 years 8 months ago #202361 by 180wannabe
Replied by 180wannabe on topic Glitches
There is a mobile phone number for the Austin.

Time to create page: 0.409 seconds