Skip to main content

Commer 6 Speed Overdrive Workshop Manual

More
10 years 10 months ago #119594 by camma
While the Gearbox is out, I would like to re race the Commer Gearbox. I'm seeking a Workshop manual for a Commer six speed Overdrive to buy or borrow. If some one out ther even knows how to pull apart and re assemble, I would like to hear from you.

Please help me. I need Commer Parts

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119595 by ray
G'day Camma, I am pretty sure Bill has all the manuals for his Dodge which is fitted with a 6 speed Commer box. I will find out tomorrow and let you know.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119596 by ray
Camma, I checked with Bill and unfortunately his manuals don't cover the Commer box. Maybe try the club library.

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #119597 by Lang
Camma,

I have both Workshop and parts manual. Check whether this is your box. As it is 16 pages on the gearbox overhaul probably better to email you.

Lang

[IMG

[IMG

[IMG

Last edit: 10 years 10 months ago by Lang.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119598 by ray
G'day Lang, I believe camma picked up a manual for his gearbox at the club meeting on Thursday night.

More
10 years 10 months ago #119599 by Lang
Thanks Ray

Lang

More
10 years 10 months ago #119600 by camma
Thanks for everyone's assistance so far.

Lang,
I did pick up a copy of the manual at the meeting on Thursday Night however, if you have an electronic version already made up, I would like to have a copy of it. If you don't have a copy, don't worry, I will scan the pages and save on a disc.

With the assistance of a fellow club member for whom he's worth his weight in Gold, has assisted me in dismantling the gearbox and now I have to source the bearings and seals etc. which I will do asap, if I don't find any work this week.

Regards
Camma

More
10 years 10 months ago #119601 by Lang
Camma,

Good to hear you are fixed. I was just going to scan my manual for you but you now can do that yourself from your own manual if you need it on the computer.

Lang

More
10 years 9 months ago #119602 by graemets3
I pulled apart, re-raced and made up all the gaskets for my six speed. I remember the bearing on the input shaft being a bit of a struggle to remove. Apart from that, it was not too bad to overhaul.

More
10 years 9 months ago #119603 by camma
Just letting you know that the truck is back on the road and after 40 miles so far so good.

A big thanks to everyones contribution(s) especially to the club member who is worth his weight in gold who assisted me to dismantle and re assemble the gearbox and also to his wife, for providing refreshments along the way.

Now I'm happier than a dog with 2 _ _ _ _ _

I look forward to the next run.

Time to create page: 0.502 seconds