Skip to main content

Domino Bus

More
14 years 8 months ago #13211 by Joe S
Domino Bus was created by Joe S
Hi,
I have a Domino Bus which I am converting into a motorhome but I can't find the V.I.N, could anyone help by telling me where it would be located.
Joe S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #13212 by
Replied by on topic Re: Domino Bus
The plate used to be just inside the door, to the left side at the first step.

That Domino will be getting a bit long in the tooth now, so, have you had a look under ANY skin panel to see what the framework is like ?

They 'did not' use much rust preventative stuff on those old girls, a lot of them have rotten frames and need new body frames or sections remade.

When was it last "skinned"?

regards greenie [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif]

More
14 years 8 months ago #13213 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Domino Bus
Hi Joe,Greenie is spot on with the frames.They used to rivet the skin to the painted RHS frame,and every time it gets wet you get the chance of water sitting around the rivet and the frame rusts from there.Nowadays they use Gal RHS and glue the panels on,no holes.Barrie Watt at Watts bus and Coach Woollengabba Briso can probobly tell you where the VIN is.Macquarrie have detriot parts,as well as Detriot themselves,they used Rockwell axles which are pretty generic.Most of the bits should be reasonably easy to come by.They were a pretty well made thing,my family used to have quite a few.

More
14 years 8 months ago #13214 by Joe S
Replied by Joe S on topic Re: Domino Bus
Hi,
Thanks for the info. The bus was stripped down to the chassie, new new frame built, floor was raised so there would not be any wheel arches, new frame built, roof was raised and new skin frome sheet aluminum, new fiberglass front, chassie was complety checked for any rust. So I feel quiet safe with any possible rust. I spoke with the people at Watts and they told me the VIN should be on passenger sid near engine but unfortunely it is not there.
Thanks for the info anyway.
Joe S

Time to create page: 0.381 seconds