Skip to main content

Clutch

More
8 years 4 months ago #165627 by Benz Belle
Clutch was created by Benz Belle
After having so many problems with master cylinder ,has been done 2 -3 times and still leaks. Want to swap Dodge to International mechanical clutch linkages, from pedal to gearbox. Probably C1800 would suit this or maybe even C1600. Our truck has Perkins 6354 -and transmission is T34 /OD international box. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you and look forward to your answers.
Benz Belle

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #168139 by C1300
Replied by C1300 on topic Clutch
Hi, I've had those cylinders re sleeved and never had an issue. Changing it over to mechanical would be a lot of work. Everything is different. It could be done, but it is easier to have the cylinder done up properly. You would have trouble at the gearbox end as on the inter it twists the shaft to work the thrust bearing. With the dodge it pushes the fork hydraulically. You would need to change the bell housing and all.

More
8 years 2 months ago #168244 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic Clutch
BB I have an hydraulic clutch with the perky & OD gear box in the mighty ACCO, When I collected it from a 10 year wait in the paddock I bent the shaft in the slave cylinder just by putting my foot firmly on the pedal, since then had a drip issue so replaced it with a new cheap one from a Trailer Spare Parts joint for about $15.00 ... had to adjust the shaft with the welder .... no more drips.... It is just an override brake cylinder, works great.

I wonder if you have got the pivot point right for the plunger, starts off line but would be close to centre of the cylinder when the pedal is depressed, and with plenty of free play at the pin.

Good luck.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.

Time to create page: 0.441 seconds