Skip to main content

interchangeable body systems

More
3 years 11 months ago #209527 by John Whale
Hello all am looking for some info on an interchangeable body system as i want to put a frame body on a KW prime mover occasionally cheers whale

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #209534 by cobbadog
What about a flat tray for carting containers? Use the container locks to drop on and off interchangeable bodies. I have no idea if it is legal but it might be a start.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210027 by bparo
Replied by bparo on topic interchangeable body systems
Ian Lee had some that clicked into the turntable with some clamps to the rails on the side to stop them spinning around. He used to put tray or camper bodies on his vehicles until he built Princess Diana. No idea about the legalities but nobody ever stopped him about them.

Having lived through a pandemic I now understand all the painting of fat people on couches!

More
3 years 11 months ago #210038 by wee-allis
Way back, Camerons in Kempsey had a couple of tray body trucks with a turntable mounted to the middle of the tray. They used to put a box over the turntable when they were used as tray trucks.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210050 by Sarge
Replied by Sarge on topic interchangeable body systems
Got a neighbour who does b double work with his Scania, and then rigid tipper work other times. I believe it is a simple drive under locking system but don't know if the turntable gets taken off. Will have to enquire, I assume it is legit. And I guess the driving schools use similar quick hitch stuff to make rigid to semi changes.

Sarge B)
ACCO Owner, Atkinson dreamer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #210053 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic interchangeable body systems
Here is one.

www.schulz.com.au/products/other/interchange-system/

And another

kybato.com/

And another

www.meiller.com/en/vehicle-equipment/change-over-systems/

And another

laxo.se/en/quick-lock-system/

And this is in Australia recently sold at auction. Quick and simple without fancy frames of some of the others.

Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Lang.
The following user(s) said Thank You: roKWiz, oliver1950

More
3 years 11 months ago #210057 by cobbadog
That idea will do me for what I was thinking of.
The trick with this set up is to paint the important parts in bright yellow paint. This makes it look safe to authorities since you are drawing their attention as to how it fits.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 11 months ago #210070 by lantana jack

cobbadog wrote: That idea will do me for what I was thinking of.
The trick with this set up is to paint the important parts in bright yellow paint. This makes it look safe to authorities since you are drawing their attention as to how it fits.

Don’t ferget lots of decals with how to fit safety pin instructions..:cheer:

“The improver of natural knowledge absolutely refuses to acknowledge authority, as such. For him, skepticism is the highest of duties; blind faith the one unpardonable sin.” Thomas Huxley
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210073 by oliver1950

Lang wrote: Here is one.

And this is in Australia recently sold at auction. Quick and simple without fancy frames of some of the others.

Thanks Lang ,that 's similar to what I was thinking of doing with mine to avoid taking the turntable off to occasionally fitting a tray to take one tractor to a rally .Now I have some pictures to work with.

You can't have too many toys!
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 11 months ago #210075 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic interchangeable body systems
There is probably another pin and socket at the front. Looks very simple, safe and effective.

Lang

Time to create page: 0.495 seconds