Skip to main content

7.50R 17" tyres

More
3 years 7 months ago #214801 by Danpack
7.50R 17" tyres was created by Danpack
Where can I buy 7.50R 17 tyres for my Acco 510a? Or do I need to buy 17.5 rims?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214807 by Lang

More
3 years 7 months ago #214811 by Danpack
Replied by Danpack on topic 7.50R 17" tyres
Thanks, but they are 16", I am needing 17".

More
3 years 7 months ago #214814 by cobbadog
Replied by cobbadog on topic 7.50R 17" tyres
I have been out of the tyre industry for quite a few years now but never heard of 17" truck tyres, unless they are off a very old truck going way back. If that is the case you will have to Google that size and be prepared to pay up big time for a Chinese made tyre.

Cheers Cobba & Cobbarette
Coopernook, The Centre of our Universe
Working on more play time.

More
3 years 7 months ago #214816 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 7.50R 17" tyres
Both Dodge and IH used 17" on the intermediate size trucks ......they were hard to find even when the trucks were new.....a 510a has standard 5 stud wheels ,and a lot of Jap wheels will fit....However I would go to tubeless,being a lot easier to find tyres at the right price.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 7 months ago #214821 by Lang
The following user(s) said Thank You: cobbadog

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #214851 by mammoth
Replied by mammoth on topic 7.50R 17" tyres
17.5 is the rim size for tubeless. Need to remember that the old 17" had a 100% profile (height) whereas all tubeless have a lower profile, 85% at best meaning that for the same width (measured in metric) they are of smaller diameter. 17.5" tubeless are a direct equivalent for 15" tube type. You also need to pay attention to load rating (the old ply rating is no longer good guide to load capacity on tubeless) and speed rating as these can vary by quite a margin and not neccessarily related to price. Considering the tyre diameter conundrum you might consider fitting tube type 20" rims or the less common 19.5 tubeless.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by mammoth.

More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #214852 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 7.50R 17" tyres
Five stud 20" Inter rims are no problem,however they are for 7.50 size tyres,which are also hard to find new .....the only 20" tube size easy to find is 10.00......when I say find,I mean get a decent discount price on......Again ,I suggest you go to the wreckers and see what they have in a tubeless 5 stud rim in either 16.5,or 17.5./ or a 16" tube type with big enough section for 8.25x16,radials.............the other possibilty is custom wheels for the common as dirt 33" off road tyres,and run singles all round.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by JOHN.K..

Time to create page: 0.418 seconds