Skip to main content

10.00 x 20 tyres

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #249989 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 10.00 x 20 tyres
Didja know -a Ford Blitz LWB ,or a Ford 3 tonner can cruise at 70 mph on the flat?.........I had the early type cab ,and used to get some funny looks from other drivers at 70 ..........Used to go to Frazer Is ,and run on the beach there .....over 200 miles each way.......I had a new motor and gearbox in mine I bought from B&W Ford spares for $100.
The following user(s) said Thank You: overlander, PaulFH, asw120

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #249995 by Lang
Replied by Lang on topic 10.00 x 20 tyres
John

That is sitting on 4,000rpm if it had the standard 7.16 ratio diff. Not too many trips for a Chev 6 or Flathead Ford!

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #249997 by JOHN.K.
Replied by JOHN.K. on topic 10.00 x 20 tyres
I used that blitz as a truck and for fishing trips for ten years .....it was made from new parts in SA ,according to the guy I bought it off........but he put so much soluble oil in the motor it blocked the radiator,and cooked the motor..........so I bought a new one .....I used to drive it without using the clutch ........the "collector" I sold it to couldnt get it five miles with the crash box ,and had to get it towed ..........he destroyed that truck in 12 months ......still $3500 for a blitz in 1980 must be like paying $35,000 for one now !

Time to create page: 0.426 seconds