Skip to main content

COMMER PARTS WANTED + Identifcation question

More
13 years 7 months ago - 13 years 7 months ago #35014 by camma
I would like to know if anyone out there has a Factory Heater Assembly, Factory mirror assembly,Interior light Lense,LH internal sunvisor and a 4.88:1 or 5.14:1 diff gears for a Late Model Commer?

Also What does VEH 373 mean on the ID tag?

Please help me. I need Commer Parts
Last edit: 13 years 7 months ago by camma.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #35015 by MACKFR8
hi camma give this number a try this guy has a lot of old commers 0419 820 :)753

1974 1418LS 4x2 prime mover
1974 1418LS 4x2 rigid
1973 1418 4+2 prime mover
1973 1418 prime mover
1981W model Kenworth
36 ft Flat top bogey

More
13 years 7 months ago #35016 by camma
Mackfr8,

I can see that guy has posted ADs on Deals on Wheels a while back and have made numerous phone calls and emails with the item list.

I dont like bagging people but I have been talking to that Guy for some months now and he is still too busy to go out there and have a look at his collection.

Dear God,
I pray that this gentleman with the commer parts seeks to go and visit his yard out there and check out my item list and finds what I need in regards to the PArts I require.

Christmas is around the corner.

More
13 years 7 months ago #35017 by MACKFR8
you would think if he has spent the money to advertise them he would be keen to sell some ppl are hard towork out .

1974 1418LS 4x2 prime mover
1974 1418LS 4x2 rigid
1973 1418 4+2 prime mover
1973 1418 prime mover
1981W model Kenworth
36 ft Flat top bogey

More
13 years 7 months ago #35018 by Assessor
giday camma! i see your in melbourne, there was a complete commer tipper in the front yard of phil tainton racing at 500 stud rd wantirna sth, its been there under the tree for at least 30 years, infact my father when his was alive tried to buy it back years ago, its the later type one,i will do a drive by in the next few days and check,but iam almost sure it will be there, mabe it has what you need??? phils phone number is 9801-1287 , think it my have belonged to his father,you cant miss the place its got a 90t excavator in the front yard!! wouldnt hurt to check it out, ya never know! good luck

:)

More
13 years 7 months ago #35019 by camma
Assessor,
Thanks for the info mate. Very much appreciated.
I will check it out.
Cheers
Camma

More
13 years 6 months ago #35020 by camma
I called that bloke and at this stage he does not want to part with it.

More
13 years 6 months ago #35021 by Assessor
sorry it didn't pan out mate! i assume you've seen all the commers in the latest deals on wheels? guess that's the guy you were talking about

More
13 years 6 months ago #35022 by Tacho
Camma, that bloke with lots of Commers is about an hour south of Adelaide in a high rainfall hills area. I went there earlier this year and he sure has lots of stuff, and too much of it is outside rusting away. Some of the best is under cover but I thought his prices were a bit big. The truck I went to look at had been given a cover up re-paint and not worth the money, so I left it there. I understand your frustration if you can't get answers, but don't have any solutions either, except persistence.
Cheers Geoff

More
13 years 5 months ago #35023 by camma
Where are all the commer enthusiasts? I would of thought some one out there would be able to assist further. I think the parts I need are rarer than first thought.
Patience is a virtue.

Time to create page: 0.573 seconds