Skip to main content

Vacuum brake parts

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #39098 by 653Detroit
Does any one have, know where to get or have seen under a pine row vacuum brake parts. I am looking for a vacuum brake booster, activating valve and a hand set. I realize a lot will think that it all sounds wrong to be fitting this equipment to a trailer but it matches the trucks system. Its not used as day to day work truck just a toy. The trailer is a single axle tag-along to take the occasional small tractor or bobcat to rallies, mates or relatives looking for a favour. I have no doubt responses will be mixed and potentially entertaining.
Chris
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by 653Detroit.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39099 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
[quote author=hilux08 link=1291109581/0#0 date=12 I have no doubt responses will be mixed and potentially entertaining.
Chris[/quote]
Why bother wasting your money on that useless old crap, when you can get Airbrake stuff for about 20% of the price? Convert the old jigger to air, and welcolme to the 60's. LOL.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39100 by 653Detroit
Replied by 653Detroit on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
I'm stuck in the fifties. Reasonably sure that if I can source used parts (as if I could afford new) and used they would be it would cost a poofteenth what it would to change the truck. Trailer would not be used very often so cheap is good.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39101 by Assessor
Replied by Assessor on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
Big cam is right 653Detroit, and most if not all s/h gear will be kna@kerd, plus i think [could be wrong] vacuum is illegal now, hardly seems worth it, beta off going air dude!

cheers Adam ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago - 13 years 5 months ago #39102 by 653Detroit
Replied by 653Detroit on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
The truck is resto project and trailer lucky to be used 6 times a year. The load to be carried could be carried on a tandem trailer behind the ute or or on the back of the truck and be about a 4 ton under payload of 7 ton. We are all well aware that air brakes are better but its not a truck and trailer grossing 45 ton it a 12 tonner grossing 8 ton. If my maths are right 3 axles with not to gooda brakes beta than 2 axles with not to gooda brakes thats an improvement of 50% of stuff all.
Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by 653Detroit.

More
13 years 5 months ago #39103 by Assessor
Ive done some checking,looks like vacuum is still OK, well legal anyway...P.B.R still do stuff

here's the link
www.pbr.com.au/products/heavy/vacuum.shtml

still reckon there $hit though, or you could always cut a hole in the floor and put your foot out on the tire to slow down!!! don't wear your good shoes though! lol

cheers Adam :) :)

13 years 5 months ago #39104 by
Replied by on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
I gotta bone to pick with you fellas. If 50 years ago when the old banger was new and come out with vacuum/hydraulic brakes and they were good (adequiate) to stop the fully loaded, commonly over loaded semi driven by a real man of the day (hand loading and stuff) surely if mr Detroit wants a bit of adventure we all stand together and watch him white knuckle through the roads of victoria with a full set of old technology ;D

More
13 years 5 months ago #39105 by
Replied by on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
Yes, but in reality, we just want the trailer converted to air so we can borrow it and use it on our air-equipped trucks! :D

[ch729][ch647]sod [ch654][ch623] s[ch305] [ch477]u[ch305][ch1503] s[ch305][ch613][ch647] [ch653]o[ch

More
13 years 5 months ago #39106 by Assessor
Stand together maybe!!

But well out of the way!!! ;) ;)

More
13 years 5 months ago #39107 by grash
Replied by grash on topic Re: Vacuum brake parts
Chris,
Try Vac Air in Thomastown ph. 94642122 they have a lot of that stuff reco'd at not much much more than the price of the parts.
Those around here who think vac brakes are useless should try one with no air, vacuam or hydrulic, they would need a lot t paper. At least you don't have to worry about leeks.
cheers ;D

Time to create page: 0.445 seconds