Skip to main content

Morris Commercial

More
13 years 3 months ago #43363 by stuartt
Morris Commercial was created by stuartt
Hi guys i am new to the forum, i am restoring a 1954 Morri Commercial LC5, i am chasing Kingpins and bushes, if any can help point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Stuart

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43364 by Borris
Replied by Borris on topic Re: Morris Commercial
Hi
The best places to start looking is Auto Surplus 03 98233566

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #43365 by
Replied by on topic Re: Morris Commercial
Stuart - The best place to search initially, is eBay U.K. Go to eBay Australia, scroll down to the bottom and find the other eBay countries, and click on "United Kingdom" under "eBay sites".

Then, do a search using "Morris LC5" or "Morris Commercial". If you click the "include descriptions" button, this widens the search to the words in a description.
Placing quotation marks around two or more words, will set the search to just that phrase. No quotation marks will bring up everything that has at least one of the words in the search.
You can narrow the search by selecting from the categories located on the LH menu, if there's too much crap in the search results.
In addition, at the bottom of each page is a clickable link .. "see all matching items for international sellers".

Once you've narrowed the results to a few pages, look for sellers that are selling Morris or Morris Commercial parts.
There's quite a few businesses that use eBay, but they don't necessarily list everything they have.
Once you find a seller who looks promising for Morris parts, email them and ask if they have, or can find, kingpins for you.

There are a couple of local eBay sellers, Vanguard Wholesalers and Morris-Minor-Spare-Parts, who are probably of most interest to you.
Vanguard Wholesalers dig up a lot of NOS parts, and the Morris bloke has a range of Morris parts.
As many Morris parts are interchangeable across a number of models, you might get lucky .. if not for the kingpin set immediately, but perhaps other parts. Good luck.

Morris LC5 (no quotation marks) .. desc.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?LH_TitleDesc...Vehicles_CarParts_SM

"Morris Commercial" .. desc.shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=%22Morr...l1313&LH_TitleDesc=1

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43366 by stuartt
Replied by stuartt on topic Re: Morris Commercial
Thanks Borris will try them tomorrow, Ron i have flogged ebay to death without much sucess but thanks for advice.

Stuart

More
13 years 3 months ago #43367 by cemeNTepede
Replied by cemeNTepede on topic Re: Morris Commercial
I've had considerable success with bits like cab and engine mounts,and this week,an odd size oil seal for the Marles steering box on my '65 AEC from an outfit called....

Autospares Galore Ph 03 9758 3324
E-mail hi69905(AT)bigpond.net.au

They seem to have bits for all manner of British origin vehicles.

Rufo

Welcome any info or pictures of 60s Australian AEC Mustangs (Leyland Comet lookalikes)

13 years 3 months ago #43368 by
Hi peeps,

eBay is a wonderful thing I have found.

It is not generally advertised but there is a facility I have used with success:-

pages.ebay.com/wantitnow/

This 'reverse Ebay' :)
You advertise what you want !!
An Ebay Wanted sysytem.
and it works.
You place a FREE ad, and wait.
I got part4 of a set of DVDs that were offered on a magazine. I missed the last one due to being in hospital, but got it from the US 6 months later.

Cheers
RS :)

13 years 3 months ago #43369 by
Roland - Yes, eBay gives you massive, world wide exposure .. better than anything else .. and yes, I did know about, "Want It Now".

However, I've never had a great deal of success with the W-I-N section. Maybe I advertise for stuff that just doesn't exist! .. ;D

Cheers - Ron.

More
13 years 3 months ago #43370 by stuartt
Replied by stuartt on topic Re: Morris Commercial
Thanksguys i will give it a go.

Stuart

Time to create page: 0.421 seconds