Skip to main content

Inter wiper motor

More
13 years 3 months ago #45781 by cobba
Inter wiper motor was created by cobba
Does anyone have a S/H wiper motor to fit a C 1300.
Alternatively, has anyone used/heard of being used, a different motor from something more common to do the job.
I'm pretty sure my old AA110 had a falcon wiper motor on it (not sure what model) but that was a few years back since I had that and it was on the truck when I got it.

Last thing I need to sort out before a RWC so wanting to sort it out soon.

Cheers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 months ago #45782 by bigcam
Replied by bigcam on topic Re: Inter wiper motor
I took the one off my Reo to an Auto Electrician, and he fixed it for about $80. Might be easier than adapting something else.

More
13 years 3 months ago #45783 by Aussiehooker
Replied by Aussiehooker on topic Re: Inter wiper motor
cobba try the electric motor rewinders in thomas mitchell drive wodonga [pretty cluey ] all the best don

More
13 years 2 months ago #45784 by cobba
Replied by cobba on topic Re: Inter wiper motor
Thanks Don. Will drop in next time I'm in there and see what he thinks of it.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45785 by cobba
Went in to the Electric motor rewinders and was told they only fix 240v stuff so I took it onto Johnny at Arkon auto Elec.
$44 later I am told what I already knew. It's knackered. :(

He reckons that VN to VS commodore is very close to the same except the output shaft is shorter. I could get rid of the bracket that holds the motor off the firewall and solid mount if to the wall but that might be a bit noisy.
Also need to change the wiring as the original is + to the motor and then earthed thru the switch whereas the dunnydore motor is powered thru the switch and earthed at the motor. Also runs opposite rotation but that shouldn't matter.

So back to plan A. Has anyone fitted anything from another type of car into these ol jiggers.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45786 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Inter wiper motor
Cobba, is the motor in the centre under the windscreen, in the engine bay. I have an AA130 I am wrecking. I could test it get back to you. Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

More
13 years 2 months ago #45787 by cobba
Yep. In the middle (or pretty damn close) with the motor off toward the battery box, slightly in an up and outward direction.
The motor is mounted on a pressed metal bracket that is stepped out in the middle by about 10mm.

Pretty sure the AA will be the same.

Thanks for that. Rather use an original one than much around fitting something else.

Cheers.

More
13 years 2 months ago #45788 by Coupeute
Replied by Coupeute on topic Re: Inter wiper motor
No worries cob. Ill be near the truck in the next couple of days. Keep you posted, Dave

AL110 inter ute &&FC Holden Wagon&&HJ Holden 1 Tonner&&

Time to create page: 0.471 seconds